Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kayak Trip Report, In the Snow, The results!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayak Trip Report, In the Snow, The results!

Ok, I admit it! After getting warm and a good nights sleep they don’t look nearly as big. Still a nice mess of fish though, especially considering I could have kept two limits all this size.

Name:  130302-1.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  57.9 KB

Name:  130302-2.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  130302-3.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  130302-5.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  39.2 KB

I’ve talk how I key on the baitfish rather than structure of cover. This often leaves me in skinny water in the summer or winter when everyone else is fishing deep. All these fish were stuffed with shad, most with four of five in their stomachs. The shad averaged two inches, but some four and five inch shad were mixed in. Here’s a picture from when I was cleaning the fish, this one had four, three inch long shad.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you.......follow the bait! I know there are charts for where crappie should be at certain temps but I have found that I had to do away with that thinking and hunt the bait fish to catch any numbers! I just think how I am...I weigh 292 and scared of heights...but you put a stack of ribeye steak up there and I forget about the height and go after it! Fish seem to do the same!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

nice. as you witnessed with me, sometimes you have to take a deep breath and calm down a bit before you estimate the size of a fish or a mess of fish. count me in next weekend.

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job DB. Might see you on the water next weekend.

Bill
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

If were racing to a plate of Ribeye steaks I’m in!!

Seriously though, Every time I go to Indian creek or Limestone it seems like there’s a boat setting at every good tree! I started looking in the open water away from everyone. I found out there’s plenty of open water fish if you can locate the bait!

Post Thanks / Like

Bingo, Ditch ! Your right on it. They move with the food like me and you. Especially me when it comes to food.
    The truth is hard to accept, so is life .

Post Thanks / Like

My wife likes Catfish, I've been told to stop picking on the Crappie and to go and get her some catfish this weekend. Hopefully, I can catch 10 or 12 Channel Catfish quickly and get back to chasing the crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

take some jugs.

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!