Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Small Tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small Tubes

Hi Guys....I'm fairly new to Crappie fishing and have been using alot of jigheads rigged with grubs and Roadrunner lures,with some success.I just picked up some inch and half tubes,but I have never used them before and really don't know how to fish them.I am looking for tips how to fish these tubes and make hem work.....Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

i use 1 1/2" tubes jigs about 90% of the time. i like to cast them out and retrieve them REAL SLOW with a few twitches here and there. they also work good under bobbers. give the bobber small twitches and keep it moving. i usually don't let it sit for more then 10 seconds without moving it a little.
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish em on a 1/16 oz head when i'm fishing less than 15 ft water. Shallower, i use a 1/32 head. I like the cast and retrieve method but if i start losing a lot of jigs, i'll go to a bobber. I use a clip on in 6 ft or less but a slider for any water deeper. I pinch a #7 splitshot 8 inches up from my jig when i use the slider. It helps get the jig down easier. I dont use minnows this time of year. I use crappie nibbles or waxworms. Put one on the jig and fish it slow just above the cover and you should do alright. Keep changing jig body colors until you find the one they want. I've used as many as 25 diffrent bodies before i found the right one, so dont hesitate to change. 5 casts is all it should take before you change. Change again after they stop hitting the one that was working. If you know fish are there, and you give them what they want they will bite it.