Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else find it amusing that Weiss Lake Crappie guides are fishing Guntersvi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone else find it amusing that Weiss Lake Crappie guides are fishing Guntersvi

I guess the Crappie Capital has relocated. I talked to a couple of guys last week that had spent 2 days on Weiss and had 4 keepers for their effort.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't find it amusing at All. They are taking fish that used to be in my freezer. I hope they have a license. As I understand it, in order to guide on any navigable water, such as the Tennessee River, a minimum of a sixpack captains license is required.

Post Thanks / Like

A captain liscense IS required and I sure hope they get caught if they don't have em. Its no different than a man keeping over his limit. I know I'll get bashed but if they all come and treat it like they have weiss I hope they lower the rod limit and I've always wanted to up the size to at least 10"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know of any guides that have been fishing at Guntersville and if you can't give names and dates I assume that you don't know any eithor. As for Weiss its alive and well If you would only check my post for Weiss. I don't find it amusing that you have nothing better to talk about except guide from Weiss catching YOUR fish, how about the guides from over there? If I want to fish at Guntersville and I plan on fishing over there, I have Alabama fishing license and have as much right to fish there as anyone else does.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N79NXErrtYE

beat me to it zero I just copied the link lol I never said catching my fish just stated a law funny if people dont want to go by them how they get all tore up also never assume

Post Thanks / Like

Since yall are using my video and accusing me I will reply to the thread... Here is the video and you want even have to leave crappie.com... Let me say this first off NO MONEY was payed to me for this trip by anyone.... This was a video project that one of my sponsors thought would be a good idea. "Something Different" these 2 people have never trolled for crappie and don't even fish that much and that's what the sponsor wanted see...I have crappie fished Guntersville twice since i have been fishing so i don't think i hurt your crappie population at all...I could have shot the video on Weiss Lake with the same catch results believe me..! We decided to shoot Guntersville because there have been a ton of videos shot on Weiss Lake... They may be guides working trips over there but I can assure you and others it isn't me...! As Terry stated Weiss Lake is doing great and you guys are more then welcome to come take our fish across the mountain anytime... Thanks Kelly
    Last edited by Kelly Matthews; 03-02-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Kelly Matthews
    Weiss Lake Guide Service
    www.weisslakeguideservices.com

Post Thanks / Like

i have seen the guides using the Pris-ton Island is a Base of operation for the last 3 years and yes they are taking many many crappie from this area of Guntersville.You got to go were the money is swimming since the guides and our out of state neighbor's have decimated the population of eating size crappie from Weiss and the big G is next to fell the pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't know about Weis Lake but in Tennessee we have a limit oif 15 and 10 inch length which is real fair in my opinion.MY home lake must be stocked every year as TVA uses the lake for flood control.Not a good spawn lake for sure(Tims Ford).Yes you can deplete a lake all it takes is a bad year or 2 of sppawn and the population is in steep decline.So you guys should welcome limits and size limits as well.
    Our club(Middle Tennessee Crappie Club) had a excellent presentation about our lakes and how they stock them and methods they use to produce more fish.I personally wouldn't mind closing the season during the spawning season.They are very vurnable at that time which the male are trying to guard the nest.I see no need to take 30 to 40 fish at a time!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video Kelly looks like ya had a blast

Post Thanks / Like

great video and looks like ya had a blast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast