Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw area report????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw area report????

Last edited by mduncan62; 01-24-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you personally but Bucksaw has a new fishing report on their website for 8/10/06. I would take all marina reports for what they are though. Good luck..

Post Thanks / Like

I run a Fishmark 320 on the front of my boat. I'm very pleased with it. A Great Value.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Well all tournaments are suppose to be listed on MO water patrol website under the regattas. If you are looking for crappie ones, I know of one coming up on the 26th of august, I heard this was the one that was going to be the 16th of Sept but was rescheduled. Stop in at Trailside bait shop on berry bend road they have fliers.

http://www.mswp.dps.mo.gov/Regattas/RegSearch.asp
    Last edited by TAE73; 08-11-2006 at 09:06 AM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard there is, but I have never used that ramp. If I am not mistaken I was told that ramp can be rough on boat trailers. Being that the corp has not done any repairs to it and it has broken at the crest causing trailers to drag as you go over. I think its better to put in at sparrowfoot and run down. I have only been just a little higher than otter creek. I am not sure if its free or pay. If you do fish truman much its worth buying the 30 dollar pass for year round use.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

You can put in at deepwater.Just steer your trailer to the north side of the ramp and put in off the gravel.That way you dont drop off the end of the ramp and drag your trailer.:D
    But like TAE said theres some good fishin out of Sparrowfoot Then just run to deepwater if ya want its just a short ride

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62
    The only thing that I wondered about was the 2ft power cord. But I can live with it.

I was hoping that Gee had gone out this week and could give a good report. Speaking of that, is there a website that lists all the small tournaments down there at Truman?
    Fish the bluffs across from Bucksaw on sunday hammered little fish and some keepers. I fish on up mostly but I needed to get the kids on some fish.
    I talked to some guys yesterday that fished that area fish had mud on there bellys so I know the front had them on the bottom.
    The bight will be harder to get for the next few days probably.
    You can still catch them just have to leave the bait there longer.

You can go to the mouth of Pretty bob and catch some to and just past pretty bob are some flats that extend out to the channel those big trees there always produce fish.
    You will know were I am talking about if you see two citter trees to the right in shallow water.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any good fishing over by the deepwater ramp? and is that a free ramp or pay ramp? Never been that far west, so I need a little help here.
    Duncan,
    You can also put in at Otter Creek or Kasinger ramp if you do not mind gravel. And they are free.The water is down right now so Otter is a little tough but I have a 20' nitro. If you are after a limit you can get it in Otter.

Oh ya those guys hauling things that look like people in body bags on the back of there boats are noodlers they drop rubber hot water bladders in and catch fish in them.Not legal by the way.

If you are interested I will give you directions.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any good fishing over by the deepwater ramp? and is that a free ramp or pay ramp? Never been that far west, so I need a little help here.
    Fished the trees in the middle to the right Sunday did ok just took some time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like directions if you don't mind. I have no idea where pretty bob is either, all I have to go on is the corps map online. I have a hot spots map for the bucksaw region of the lake at home. All the help is appreciated, cuz like I said, the wife wants some big crappie in the freezer right NOW. LOL
    Ok here are otter creek directions
    Hwy Z to nn do not turn on nn turn the other direction on the gravel across from it I beleive it is se4050 or something like that.go to the intersection and turn left the road ends in the water.

From Bucksaw u road go to the end of u and take a right on z two road across from nn se4050 intersection left road ends in water.

The cove you are in there is otter creek big otter on right and little on the left. both coves are good. I would start at the ramp and fish the trees closest to the bank on the left if you are setting in the boat.oh ya it will only be 6' to 8' deep.
    They always produce keepers for me.I drop in past the tree to the bottom then bring it up a few inches and slowly slowly away from the tree.same thing works on the other side.If you figure out what time of structure the are on stick with it.
    If you catch your limit and want a big fish leave the cove to the channel and go left the flats there on the right will produce one if your slow and steady. Caught a 1.97 Sunday out of there after leaving my lure in the same place for over a minute.

If you see a marron chevy with a Ozark Rod Company sticker in the back I am up there somewhere.Black Nitro fat guy on front is me.
    Last edited by gonefishingee; 08-11-2006 at 12:14 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast