Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old school secrets

Post Thanks / Like

Default old school secrets

I think old school secrets are about a thing of the past. Now I say that because I have lose everyone in my family that fishes. My dad did a lot of Crappie fishing when I was younger. I had a uncle that was the real crappie man. he always fish out a little boat with a boo pole and always had fish in his boat on his way home. My grandpa was a big fisherman with spending most if his life on Mississippi river feeding his 14 kids. He fished the river at ark city and most people know him for fishing and drinking and the 14 girls. All have pass on and so did there secrets. I did not start fish into I turn 48. I always had other thing in my life that was mort import. Do you have any old school secrets? How often to you tell other your Secrets? Would you be willing to sear them with us.
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

sorry I posted on wrong thread
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread moved to proper forum.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default old school secrets

Dang!! I thought you was selling some old school secrets..

Post Thanks / Like

When I would ask my Dad if the fish were biting, he would always answer, "You gotta go to know"....secret is to just make and take the time to go...remember, it is called fishin' not catchin'

Post Thanks / Like

Animals don't know what time it is. If you can see cows or horses or birds feeding then the fish prolly are to.
    Wear your PFD!!!!!

This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it.
    Psalm 118:24

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yelim View Post
    Animals don't know what time it is. If you can see cows or horses or birds feeding then the fish prolly are to.

My brother in law was one of the best fishermen I've ever known on the Santee Cooper lakes. We would pass a cow pasture on the way to the ramp and if the cows were lying around in the shade he would say it is gonna be slow today. He was dead on most of the time too.
    Lost him to cancer when he was 49, probably from Agent Orange, but we could not prove it.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Don't wait for other people to be ready to go, they will never be ready. Learn to fish by yourself and enjoy it. My son is 10 and he goes along whenever he can. He normally doesn't even fish, just loves being out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there are too many secrets out there, just fisherman who know what they are doing. Nothing will be more beneficial to you, than time on the water, good and bad. I started out wondering if the lakes I fished had any crappie in them, to catching a limit most times out, all from years of fishing, in every condition that was thrown at me.

And always spit on your hook!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. Was there when agent orange was used but did not contact it to my knowledge.
    Even salt water when pelicans and shore birds are resting so are most fish.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    My brother in law was one of the best fishermen I've ever known on the Santee Cooper lakes. We would pass a cow pasture on the way to the ramp and if the cows were lying around in the shade he would say it is gonna be slow today. He was dead on most of the time too.
    Lost him to cancer when he was 49, probably from Agent Orange, but we could not prove it.
    Wear your PFD!!!!!

This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it.
    Psalm 118:24

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast