Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who's crazy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default who's crazy?

ok, so there has been some talk of food for the campout. some of you know that i have a pretty good sized organic garden in my backyard. in that garden lives 22 varieties of hot peppers, among other things. i currently have four types of habaneros (over 300 exist) one of these types is called Red Savina. it is the single hottest thing on the planet. touching it to your lips will cause large blisters, it even couses the tough skin on your hands to burn and swell a little and if you forget to wash your hands with bleach water before using the restroom GOD HELP YOU!!(that really really hurt) i put them in bison jerky that i call "lava meat" (it's delicious). last year i watched a squirrel bite one and then run into the yard and fall over dead.(true story)
    Men, do what you must to prepare yourself for this devil of a pepper. i'll have some with me.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fryguy
    ok, so there has been some talk of food for the campout. some of you know that i have a pretty good sized organic garden in my backyard. in that garden lives 22 varieties of hot peppers, among other things. i currently have four types of habaneros (over 300 exist) one of these types is called Red Savina. it is the single hottest thing on the planet. touching it to your lips will cause large blisters, it even couses the tough skin on your hands to burn and swell a little and if you forget to wash your hands with bleach water before using the restroom GOD HELP YOU!!(that really really hurt) i put them in bison jerky that i call "lava meat" (it's delicious). last year i watched a squirrel bite one and then run into the yard and fall over dead.(true story)
    Men, do what you must to prepare yourself for this devil of a pepper. i'll have some with me.
    NOT me. I am as looney as they come, but common sense plays a roll some place. I will let all you tough guys eat them peppers. But remember the next day when you are fartin' smoke and crappin' flames, you will need something that will not burn to wipe your ***.

PS bring your Tucks, you'll need them.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

actually, the savina never causes heat on the way out. seriously, it just doesn't have enough oil, it all gets metabolized. jalapenos have plenty of extra oil and that's why they are so painfully notorious for that. on the heat scale, the savina is roughly 350 times hotter than a jalapeno, but it has a nice smokey citrus flavor to it behind the fire that's hotter than the sun.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

actually, the savina never causes heat on the way out. seriously, it just doesn't have enough oil, it all gets metabolized. jalapenos have plenty of extra oil and that's why they are so painfully notorious for that. on the heat scale, the savina is roughly 350 times hotter than a jalapeno, but it has a nice smokey citrus flavor to it behind the fire that's hotter than the sun.
    Sorry still not for me.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Fryguy, Have you ever met Bugman? If not your in for a treat.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big sissy when it comes to hot food but i would enjoy seeing you eat one i'd say they put a mean look on a fellers face:D i have some jalapino's in my garden and they are way too rough for me i was making some salsa and got the juice on my hands and somehow it ended up in my mouth even after washing my hands several times it burned like hell,i love jerky but i think i will pass on your version of it.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Might keep one of those flaming vegetables handy for lightin campfires, lanterns etc. Wonder if you could puree em, fill a SuperSoaker and keep jet skiis away!

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea ShortStorie with the Lake Lice.
    I love the hot stuff. I can handle the going down part. It's the next day that always gets me. I don't mind the burn going out, but sitting around feeling like you gotta go when all you can squeeze out is a mouse fart...well...that's not for me.
    Who knows though, if I get a few Beers in my, I might get a little stupid and try some of the fiery stuff.

Fryguy, are you serious about the habs. don't burn on the way out? I never heard that before. Sounds like they would be great for Chili. I love the flavor of Habs, but I have to saute' them in butter to get the heat out so I can enjoy the flavor. I mix them with onions and put them on crappie on the grill. Yummy!
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=fryguy]ok, so there has been some talk of food for the campout. some of you know that i have a pretty good sized organic garden in my backyard. in that garden lives 22 varieties of hot peppers, among other things. i currently have four types of habaneros (over 300 exist) one of these types is called Red Savina. it is the single hottest thing on the planet. touching it to your lips will cause large blisters, it even couses the tough skin on your hands to burn and swell a little and if you forget to wash your hands with bleach water before using the restroom GOD HELP YOU!!(that really really hurt) i put them in bison jerky that i call "lava meat" (it's delicious). last year i watched a squirrel bite one and then run into the yard and fall over dead.(true story)
    Men, do what you must to prepare yourself for this devil of a pepper. i'll have some with me.[/QUOT

Post Thanks / Like

i am serious about the lack of butt fire from a red savina. i am not teh only one to say this either, many before me and many after me. like i said in the earlier post, it all has to do with the amount of liquid in the pepper. the walls of a habanero are very thin, the walls of a jalapeno are thick and filled up with water and oil. your body digests these peppers very different. when it comes right down to it you will just have to trust me.
    -Aldo Leopold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast