Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Regarding izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Regarding izzy

Hey guys. Hope everyone is well.
    My sister printed up several posts from the board here, and gave them to my dad. He was really touched by all the comments about his baby brother.
    I don't know if Tom ever mentioned it, but my Uncle Howard was a professional fisherman after he retired from the military. He would travel across Kentucky and Louisiana with sponserships from Zebco, Daiwa, and other companies. Grandma loved to fish, too. She had a great sense of humor, just like Tom.......runs in the family, a lot of us Isbells ain't right.:rolleyes:
    Dad told me yesterday that he found out that Tom and some carpenter friends of his down Union way would go about and build wheelchair ramps on the houses of handicapped folks. Tom left quite a legacy.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face I'm not surprized!

Quote Originally Posted by MoDans
    Dad told me yesterday that he found out that Tom and some carpenter friends of his down Union way would go about and build wheelchair ramps on the houses of handicapped folks. Tom left quite a legacy.
    MoDans,
    I'm not surprized at all that izzy was the kind of man that would take care of folks in need. He struck me as that type from the get go, and I always thought he was cool.
    The main reason that I was going to LOZ was to shake hands with this man and hope to be closer than just a computer to him. The best that I can hope for now is to catch an Ozark crappie and wonder if this is one that izzy through back......
    Now you other fellors don't take offense cause I still want to see y'all, and if the Lord is willing, I'll be there.

Can any of you folks come up with a good picture of him?
    I'd like to have a copy of it.....

Randy

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad our words can give a little comfort to ya'll.No offence taken Randy i think we all were wanting to meet the class clown:D
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

i made sure that i had one of the campsites next to his. even though it was a full hookup site and all i ever use is a tent. now i'll just yell over to duane who, i think, is on the other side.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold