Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Flint Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flint Creek

Do you any of you guys have any pointers for fishing Flint Creek between Hartselle and Decatur?

Post Thanks / Like

I've only fished it once, but did well. I single pole jigged down trees and current breaks in about 6 feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. That's what I had in mind but wasn't sure if there were better places along the creek, or some places that should simply be avoided (not trying to steal anyone's honey hole here). I was going to put in at the ramp on 31 between Hartselle and Decatur and work north. I see a lot of boats that spider rig that area where it empties into the TN river. I'm not much of a spider rigger though..

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the area between Redbank Road and Hwy 31.

I've been fishing Limestone Bay, Limestone Creek and Beaverdam Creek the last couple of months so I'm not sure what's been happening in Flint.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also do well with a float and fly rig on that stretch of water when the conditions are right.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats my home water! Not that I can tell you I am an expert by any means but definetly from the Railroad bridge back north toward RedBank Road is normally the best area. But I've been told that after 31 bridge you are good to know. I hope to more by end of the month! Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I think my buddy and I will be dumb enough to sit out in the cold and snow and try it Saturday. We've been hitting Arrowhead pretty hard the last month and have been catching several with a lot of shorts too. We're just looking for a change in scenery.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah lock your truck and suggest lock trailor to truck wont be there when you get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Thump View Post
    Thanks guys. I think my buddy and I will be dumb enough to sit out in the cold and snow and try it Saturday. We've been hitting Arrowhead pretty hard the last month and have been catching several with a lot of shorts too. We're just looking for a change in scenery.
    Food for thought. I've been told that Flint Crappie like Live minnows better than artifical bait. Not sure which way your coming in but if your heading south to Flint. Go Past the turn off on your right and go to the top of the hill and there is a Texaco (Weavers) on your left that has minnows. In Case you are coming in and wondered where you could get live minnows.