Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coleman Outboards?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coleman Outboards?????

OK so I tried this on the engine board but didn't really get what I was looking for, although it did open my eyes to a couple of things..... I think that my last failed thread was mostly my own fault for not really knowing what I wanted to know... LOL. I am looking at buying an outboard tiller handle and Cabela's has a pretty good sale on Coleman motors right now.... I realize that the warranty is quit a bit shorter then say Mercury or Nissian..... But does anyone own one or now someone that does? I would really love to hear anything anyone has to say about them.... The Good The Bad And The Ugly.... I wanna hear it all.... I had been able to find a couple of reviews with mixed results.... Down side less warrant,y but if they are good motors I could use the money on other goodies like a new depthfinder or tackle..... Please help me out..... Thanks Cody

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Colemans are re-badged Parsun.

Might also want to look at Tohatsu (who makes the smaller Nissan and Mercury motors).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    Colemans are re-badged Parsun.

Might also want to look at Tohatsu (who makes the smaller Nissan and Mercury motors).
    x2 on Tohatsu. I just bought my 9.8 recently from onlineoutboards.com. I looked locally, as I'd prefer to support local businesses, but locally, the asking price was way out there. Like > $500 difference in price. Fast and free shipping, to boot. They earned my recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I love my Tohatsu worth every penny as for a coleman motor dont waste a cent on that POS.
    Love Fish Love the Water and Love your children most important of all !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coleman Outboards?????

Coleman makes lanterns, they work fine. Tohatsu makes motors, they work fine. Wouldn't want to swap that theory though, Just my $.02.
    Eatin Ain't Cheatin

Post Thanks / Like

LOL.... thanks guys.... Something els I was looking on ebay and it seems that onlineoutboards.com sales motors there..... and for cheaper..... Or am I getting that all wrong???

Post Thanks / Like

I did lots of looking before I bought mine, but I never found a price better than onlineoutboards. Not saying it can't be found, but I didn't find it. There are some outfits up north that sell motors used for one season, but by the time shipping was added, the price was only marginally better than the price of a spanking new motor from onlineoutboards.