Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI, for What It's Worth.........

Post Thanks / Like

Default FYI, for What It's Worth.........

Went shopping today for a .40 cal. After visiting Cabela's, Bass Pro, Elk Castle and numerous other known businesses in the DFW area.......
    I finally found one. No Ruger's, Springfield XD's or ANYTHING else in .40 cal. Only found 2 (just removed from the delivery truck) .45's.
    Not looking for CC, was looking for anything. Happened onto one XDm40 3.8 in .40 and snapped it up to replace one I sold to an FBI
    agents dad (friend). Long lines everywhere I went today. Businesses reported long lines every morning lined up for opening to see what had
    come in and been stocked. Absolutely unbelievable. Paid less than some advertised on the web that were in stock and not going to
    complain one bit. Most businesses on the web are sold out too. I guess it's that way everwhere. huh?
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on getting something at a reasonable price. From what I've read, most items were sold out or had doubled or tripled in price if it was in stock.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Been doing business with this old feller for near 50 years. Mostly military surplus stuff, but a few new items. He had this one in his safe and I just
    happened along at the right time. Right place and the right time and a little luck.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

I bought .223 rounds at Walmart cheaper than I could find online. They were only allowed to sell 2 boxes per customer though. Still a pleasant surprise.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

it may be a good thing . at least the people will be armed when all heck breaks loose . the ax is going to fall as soon as the U.N. meets again . looking for gun bans in all countries . Since we are a member we will be the front runner on board .jmo.

Post Thanks / Like

Just like gas prices!!!! The price goes up because of shortages and when they get their fill of greed, the price will come back down slowly, until the nra and gun dealers need another greed fix. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Just like gas prices!!!! The price goes up because of shortages and when they get their fill of greed, the price will come back down slowly, until the nra and gun dealers need another greed fix. EB

Gas and ammo prices are fabricated crisis.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Gas and ammo prices are fabricated crisis.
    Correct.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! Though I would buy what I needed as it may last a while! Don't pay the scalpers.

Post Thanks / Like

Why it pays to be prepared.......and avoid panic buying. Should have started buying in 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast