Thread: In line hook

Post Thanks / Like

Default In line hook

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  55.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  55.7 KB
    I have seen rigs similar to this for drop shot fishing but never liked the hook or the price so I made my own. I used stainless wire. I think it is about .018 in dia. but can't swear to it. It took about 2" of wire to do it right. I plan on tying a jig about 8" from the bottom for weight and drop it or maybe even use the rig with a float. You could make these things up with the jig already on it and just attach with a snap swivel. I think Wally Marshall has something similar to it but with a different hook. It is not hard to do, you just need a pair of round nose pliers and a pair of needle nose pliers. A little experimenting and you will be making them in no time. I made 5 in about 15 min while watching TV.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

This is very similar to a spin shot. I you fish deep much at all, you will get line twist and this method here reduces line twist to almost zero. Looks good. Great Idea.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thanks for sharing .
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Used the rig for the first time this weekend on Percy Priest lake in Tennessee. Caught a few nice fish and the rig worked just like I thought it would. It hooked the fish in the top of the mouth each time. Had "0" line twist. The hits were easily felt because of the direct contact with the hook. This rig is a keeper![Name:  image.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  67.0 KBATTACH=CONFIG]118537[/ATTACH]