Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hummingbird fishfinders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird fishfinders

Hummingbird fishfinders: Are they any count? If not what FF is a good one for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I wouldn't go fishing without my Hummer. My wife says I love it more than I do her. Of course, not before suppertime.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

love there all i would put on my boat if you just looking for a fishfinder with water temp and speed option and no gps i like the 565 modle its a black and silver(non color model) for 200 bucks or the 585 which is same thing just color model both are duel beam fully adjustable and down right tough good for the money depth/fish finders but if neither of those the humming bird brand is a very dependable fish finder
    Last edited by Bluegillfreak; 08-09-2006 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the 987c2 and she's a bute. The gps and hotmaps premium is a must on any good sized lake. The color screen resolution is great too! I know she aint cheep but if you fish a good bit then you definately wont regret paying the extra $$$ for the color/gps.

Post Thanks / Like

I also got me a 987sci it is unreal what you see. I am still learning how to use it, everytime i am out it amazes me. It is expensive but worth every penny. I have always been a lowrance man and let me tell you they better step up to the plate they are getting left behind with this side scan.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 987c SI and its the best.
    But also have 2 of the 400TX one one the front of each boat. And take the one off the 20ft war-eagle and run it on the back of the 17ft war-eagle.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Lowrance cant duplicate the 987 technology for several more years I am told I am sure that as soon as they can they will do it there is nothing like it when you actually can seee what you are fishing and can see which brushpile the fish are in for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance or Hummingbird are both great units. Just make sure that it's a color unit. You'll never go back to black and white again. It's kind of like watching a color tv versus a black and white one. No comparison.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

We have the Humminbird 525 on our little electric boat and use a Humminbird Piranha 4 portable on our canoe. (The transducer is on a suction cup, so you can move it).
    The 525 has more pixels and a bigger screen, but we actually like the portable better. They both have temperature included.

I guess it really depends on how much you want to spend and what type of water you fish. These relatively inexpensive (under $150) units do fine for us. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Hummingbirds But I prefer Garmins hands down. If I were buying a new f.f. I would be purchasing a Garmin 160, color display. $200 with shipping from BassPro.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast