Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question of Color (Which Chartreuse)

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Question of Color (Which Chartreuse)

OK, here is a thing that always comes up with me when someone says Chartreuse, I say which one? Is it the FL. Chartreuse (Green) or the Yellow Chartreuse?

Which Chartreuse do you prefer?

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

The one that the crappie are biting.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to agree with Matt Smith but I know what you mean. It needs to be stated either green chartreuse or yellow chartreuse. However, white is a jig color I use just as much as green chartreuse or yellow chartreuse :D.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Skip ......

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    OK, here is a thing that always comes up with me when someone says Chartreuse, I say which one? Is it the FL. Chartreuse (Green) or the Yellow Chartreuse?

Which Chartreuse do you prefer?
    Yellowish green or greenish yellow .... is that the question ?? Chartreuse (predominant yellow) or Limetreuse (predominant green) ?

I have mostly "chartreuse" coloration on my baits, so I don't have enough comparison experience to judge efficacy by. But, I do know that lime green & chartreuse are a deadly combination. My partner uses a lime green/char. tails solid body grub (CrappiePro) with very good results. And I've used a lime green/yellow belly tube jig body (Powerbait) with success, as well.

I'd venture to say, that most people are referring to "fluorescent yellowish green", when they use the name "Chartreuse". But, with so many different brands, using so many different shades of the two, it's come to the point where "chartreuse" is used to describe them all.

As to preference ........ I find them both to be very "good looking" colors. I just don't have enough experience with "limetreuse", to stand for or against it. It would probably be a good idea to have some of both on hand .... you know how persnickety Crappie can be at times .......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Yellowish green or greenish yellow .... is that the question ?? Chartreuse (predominant yellow) or Limetreuse (predominant green) ?

I have mostly "chartreuse" coloration on my baits, so I don't have enough comparison experience to judge efficacy by. But, I do know that lime green & chartreuse are a deadly combination. My partner uses a lime green/char. tails solid body grub (CrappiePro) with very good results. And I've used a lime green/yellow belly tube jig body (Powerbait) with success, as well.

I'd venture to say, that most people are referring to "fluorescent yellowish green", when they use the name "Chartreuse". But, with so many different brands, using so many different shades of the two, it's come to the point where "chartreuse" is used to describe them all.

As to preference ........ I find them both to be very "good looking" colors. I just don't have enough experience with "limetreuse", to stand for or against it. It would probably be a good idea to have some of both on hand .... you know how persnickety Crappie can be at times .......... cp
    Yes and I think the confusion comes in when the companies call the green version FL. Chartreuse. To me it's also like the FL Red, all of them I have seen are pink to me, maybe hot pink, but pink.

I wish all of the companies would call the green version Limetreuse!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The both work but I have had more success on the yellower version.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the color I have luck with. Would you call these green or yellow chartreuse?

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I would call those mixed. The heads(except for the bottom one) and maribou are yellow and the bodies are more green. The roadrunner heads lean tward the yellow spectrum in the ones I've purchased, but come to think of it they vary. The last time I bought a bag of RR heads there were some newer ones and older ones on the same rack and the newer ones were much more yellow.

The multi colored one is green chartreuse and the glittered one is yellow chartreuse. In my experience I have done far better with the green chartreuse colored baits.

Last edited by GRIZZ; 08-09-2006 at 10:43 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to fish more of the yellow than the green on my jigs, but that may be from that my Dad and Grandfather always had those so it just become habit to use them more.
    Hope your lines stay wet and your livewells full.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Green charteuse is my color of choice. Body color doesn't really matter as long as it has a green chart. tail.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast