Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Avatars again

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Avatars again

I finally learned how to get GIF thingys in My pictures folder but how do I make them small enough to use? While were at it, how do you attach the actual photo to a message? Please make it simple as I am having a bad day and can't go fishing until tomorrow. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

OK I will try to make this as simple as possible

In each post that you make there is a section down near the bottom that allows you to include an ATTACHMENT. Go to that section and click on it. The chose the browse button and it will let you browse your computer's hard drive. Move to the file folder that you have your pictures stored in and choose the picture that you want to use. Choose to UPLOAD the picture. Now close the message and your picture should post on the forum.

That seems pretty painless now doesn't it?

If you have a question about how to do this just ask. I will walk you though it if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I finally learned how to get GIF thingys in My pictures folder but how do I make them small enough to use? While were at it, how do you attach the actual photo to a message? Please make it simple as I am having a bad day and can't go fishing until tomorrow. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Moose, I figured that much out but it says my picture is too big. How do I make it smaller. I did it once before but that was with pics out of my camera.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Let me see if its that easy. I know I did not get one to show up the other day.
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Moose, I figured that much out but it says my picture is too big. How do I make it smaller. I did it once before but that was with pics out of my camera.
    You have to eddit the size of the picture. When I open a picutre I have to click on Image and then resize and I think you have to have it smaller then I set the width to 498 and it will take mine also helps if there a Jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Let me see if its that easy. I know I did not get one to show up the other day.
    [/IMG]

[IMG]
    your pic look good.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Edit Picture

1. Right click on picture you want to shrink.
    2. Scroll to open with
    3. Select Paint, then left click
    4. At top toolbar, left click Image
    5. Scroll to stretch/skew and left click
    6. Type in Horizontal 25%
    7. Type in Vertical 25%
    8. Click ok, then save it

To determine Size of picture (Kbit size that is)

1. Right click on the picture
    2. Scroll to properties
    3. Left click, look at size ( displayed in Kbits)
    4. Anything below 50Kbits you can post with no trouble

This will work

If you need to make the picture bigger, reverse the hor/vert sizing
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    1. Right click on picture you want to shrink.
    2. Scroll to open with
    3. Select Paint, then left click
    4. At top toolbar, left click Image
    5. Scroll to stretch/skew and left click
    6. Type in Horizontal 25%
    7. Type in Vertical 25%
    8. Click ok, then save it

To determine Size of picture (Kbit size that is)

1. Right click on the picture
    2. Scroll to properties
    3. Left click, look at size ( displayed in Kbits)
    4. Anything below 50Kbits you can post with no trouble

This will work

If you need to make the picture bigger, reverse the hor/vert sizing
    Thanks Canepole. I'm getting somewhere now.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I use Paint Shop Pro to optimize the photos for posting on the web. Or I change them from color to black and white pictures. Making the color depth smaller will make the picture's memory smaller. Or you can crop the picture to make the overall picture smaller. Also you can limit the amount of pixels that the camera save the picture in or with. Use a lower resolution when taking digital pictures and or save them in a different format. Raw images take more memory than a Jpeg image.

You might be able to modify the picture using the paint program that comes with windows. Not sure as I have not tired to do that.

I use a scanner HP 3300C and it's program lets me decide what format to save the picture in and what screen resolution or DPI to use when I scan the picture. I also can crop the image that is scanned before I save it on my hard drive.

Remember that the memory used to save the picture is dependent on the picture's size and the number of pixels per inchs and the color depth. If you save a picture using 64Megabits color it will take up a lot more memory than if you save it at 256Kbites. A black and white picture only use two bits for the color depth so it uses even less memory than a color picture. I just read all about this memory stuff and digital pictures this spring when I purchased my first digital picture program. I got Paint Shop Pro 8 this spring and purchased the book called " Paint Shop Pro 8 in a Snap" by Jennifer Fulton from Sams publishing. Also the program comes with a pretty good manual. I also purchased a program called Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 which is a chopped down version of Photoshop. Elements 2.0 has been updated with Elements 3.0 now. And Paint Shop Pro is now on version 9.0. Both sell for less than 100 bucks each. I think you can download a trial version of Paint Shop Pro 9.0 from Corel who purchased Jasc this fall. Jasc was the developer and publisher of PSP8 and PSP9. Corel is a bigger company and should help the product in the long run.

Reduce the dpi
    reduce the overall size
    save in a compressed format such as jpeg or similar compressed file format
    reduce the color depth. ie convert to a less intense color picture or to b&W.

Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Why doesn't the avatar move after I've made it smaller?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va