Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Neely Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neely Henry

Tried trolling for the first time last week fishing with my Dad. Fished one of the creeks at lower end of lake, caught 7, 5 were keepers using live minnows. OK I guess for the first time trolling. Have always used just poles and minnows, but new to area and do not know the good holes yet so gave trolling a try. Anyone else here fish the lower end of Neely Henry? If so, what areas are producing?

Post Thanks / Like

Caught a bunch Friday at canoe creek spider rigging tried to long line but could not catch any that way. the fish were in 7 and 8 ft of water out in 15 to 20 ft of water. Hope this will help some.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks prt, we were fishing down near the dam, do not know the name of the creek but was in sight of the dam. Are you finding them further up in the creeks or closer to the main lake? I went back out Sunday in my canoe and saw some boats trolling out in the middle of the lake. Find it hard to believe they were trolling for crappie, the strippers should be up the river right now, do not know what else they could be trolling for there.

Post Thanks / Like

Canoe creek is one of the more popular places! Shoal creek was also producing fish last week! If you try one place and are not catching MOVE to next one....they been a little picky this past...hitting good in one spot and lock jaw in another one! Honestly when you find the boats this time of year you have found the fish.
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnowReaper View Post
    Hey thanks prt, we were fishing down near the dam, do not know the name of the creek but was in sight of the dam. Are you finding them further up in the creeks or closer to the main lake? I went back out Sunday in my canoe and saw some boats trolling out in the middle of the lake. Find it hard to believe they were trolling for crappie, the strippers should be up the river right now, do not know what else they could be trolling for there.
    Minnow reaper I was fishing near the mouth of canoe creek I talked to a friend of mine at work yesterday and he fished friday and sat, and caught 40 something fri. and 58 sat. trolling in 4 ft. of water. He would not give me the gps. coor. the nerve of some people. Ha Ha. He had some nice pictures though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. Guess I need to add some binoculars to my tackle box to help find the fish.