Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot trip

Going to Reelfoot in 3 weeks, anyone have any good advice for fishing the end of March on the Foot. I am from Indiana and only get to go once a year so any help would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Rocky, Glad to hear when anybody gets a chance to spend some time on the water. Where are you staying? Have you been to Reelfoot before?
    My worst day of fishin' is still better than my best day at work!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Might get some more answers if you post this on the Tennessee board.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Rockypoint1.. i'm in Indiana as well, I fish Reel Foot at least three times a year, normally three day weekend trips. Feb, Mar, April are the normal months i have fished Reel Foot, we saty at Eagle Nest Resort. The one thing we have learned is that the use of a wind sock or drift sock is the key to catching crappie. Spider rig with a double minnow rig and use the wind sock to drift across the lake and you will catch fish.

Best place to buy the minnow rigs and minnows by the pound is the one and only gas station down the street from the Eagles Nest Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to

I have been to the Reelfoot many times and am also from Indiana. All but one time we stayed on the north end of the lake and we went in March, or April. We had some years when we tore them up others when not so good mainly depending on the weather like all planned trips. I would recommend a guide the first day. Our catch rate went up tremendously after we went out with a guide. You will learn some spots and how to fish the lake at that time of the year. If you have never been on the lake before it all pretty well looks incredibly good however some places produce while other do not. If your on the south end you will have more choices of places to stay and more versatile water to fish since there is deeper water on the lower basin. We typically fished the top two basins. Good luck to you and be careful storms can be brutal if you get caught on the lake. Its been a few years since we been down to the Foot we started going to the KY lake. I love both lakes I love the cypress trees growing in the lake and they are everywhere at Reelfoot.

r