Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Lake 08/05 Crappie report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake 08/05 Crappie report

Just got back from a guided Crappie trip out of Long Shoal Marina near Warsaw on Truman lake. The wife, the guide, and I caught 150-200 fish in less than 4 hours. Probably 4 to 1 shorts to keepers. I've never seen so many 8.5 inch fish.

Fish were caught tight lining minnows in about 20 feet of water around structure. Bite was very light...many fish were caught by just watching line for slack.

Couple of friends and I also caught 8-10 on our own in about an hour a couple weeks earlier. We were fishing minnows around cedar trees in about 18ft of water during the middle of the day. After an hour of 100+ degrees we decided it wasn't the best day for fishing...Decided swimming was a better option.

Good luck and Happy Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

You said 20 feet of water, but how far down? It seemed like a good time catching 200 fish .
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go.
    I fished and swam with the kids by sparrowfoot for 5 hours.
    I ended up with three nice fish 1.97,1.2, and 1.1 man I had to dead stick for them all three came out of 8' water 8' down. As soon as i can figure out how to get the picture out of my phone i will post it.
    Last edited by gonefishingee; 08-09-2006 at 07:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good fishing !!!

We are coming to Truman lake for the first time in Oct.
    Looking forward to it. Haven't got a clue what we're going
    to do ---but the guys I fish with --it will not matter !!!
    Beer and Fish ---can't beat it !!!!

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Beer and fish equals paradise for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller
    You said 20 feet of water, but how far down? It seemed like a good time catching 200 fish .
    Sorry....We were in 18 - 20 ft of water fishing just off the bottom. We would drop the minnow down until it hit bottom and reel up 3-4 cranks. Live Minnow, Dead Minnow...didn't seem to matter. I've never seen anything like it as far as Crappie fishing in the middle of the summer. Much fun.