Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transducer set up help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer set up help

Hey everyone I'm planning on getting a new fish finder with down image and side imaging and I was thinking about using the same unit for both the console and the front deck for the trolling motor. Can I use the same unit? Can I just get an extra transducer for one in the back of the boat and one for the trolling motor and just move the screen back and forth?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes....you can do that....you will need another power cable and mounting bracket also.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You could also consider an adjustable (360deg) mounting system for the console (so you could leave the unit there, and swivel it around for viewing from the front) ... but, you'd also need some kind of switchbox to connect the bow & transom mounted transducer cables to your head unit. That way, you would not have to be "moving" the head unit from console to bow & back.

Switchboxes are available for many of the Lowrance units, but I'm not sure about other brands ... so it would depend on which unit you purchased, whether or not this setup is feasible.

.. cp

Post Thanks / Like

A Ram mount will allow you to swivel the HU around so you can see the screen from anywhere in the boat if the screen is big enough. for the big units the Ram mounts are pricey, but a solid mount.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This switch can be used to connect 2 Xducers to 1 head unit...

TS3 :: Humminbird :: Transducer Switch

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys when I get some money together I will prob get that transducer switch and mount the screen to my front deck being my boat is a center console and should have no trouble seeing the screen from the console. I will go with the humminbird 597 with down imaging to find those brush piles and get that transducer switch. Thanks again!!