Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What MK TERROVA/I PILOT TM to get with new HB998c HD SI ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What MK TERROVA/I PILOT TM to get with new HB998c HD SI ?

I have Triton TR20 Bass boat with 200 Merc on it I use strictly for Crappie and some White Bass fishing.

It is year 2000 model and since i cant afford new boat i am upgrading the one i have with new TM and Fish finders which are B/W in dash models.

Thanks to the help of a lot of good peoples advice on here i have decided on getting one HB998c HD SI unit this year and having a mount
    at console and front for it with seperateTD on TM and switch it back and forth this year and then get 2nd unit next year.

I am also going to get new Minn Kota TERROVA TM w/ I pilot at same time i get new HB998.
    This is all new high tech stuff for me as you can see my equip is all 12 years old.

Got on MK TM site and was suprised at all the different choices. Sure could use some help and advice of which one i need
    with the size of my boat. Thrust and shaft length etc. and compatability with HB998 and I Pilot feature. Thanks

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Terrova 80/24 with 54 in shaft. With the 998 I'd get new Ipilot with the track functions that can be tied to your bird unit
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    The Terrova 80/24 with 54 in shaft. With the 998 I'd get new Ipilot with the track functions that can be tied to your bird unit
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, you need at least an 80 lb motor.
    I'm going to copy this to the main board so hopefully you will get more responses.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Went to MK factory outlet to look at them. The 80/24 that Brian at BBG qouted me has only 45 0r 60 inch option in that model 1358866 With the bigger I Pilot control. No 54 inch

Only about $25 extra for 60 inch but wonder if all that extra lngth. would be a hassle ?

Looks like that I-Pilot control would be more user freindly than the current standard model with the less expensive models.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    I agree, you need at least an 80 lb motor.
    I'm going to copy this to the main board so hopefully you will get more responses.
    Thanks. I sure can use all the help and advice i can get. Its quite a investment for me, sure want to get it right LOL

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nightmare, The 80lb is a given with the size of your boat. I have a Riptide with a long shaft and thought it might get in the way. My lesson was this; set the motor where you think it needs to be. Now set it to troll on constant power and walk to the back of the boat(you can do that with these). I had to move mine a little deeper to keep the motor in enough water to get a good bite and not make noise. Once you find the depth that is minimum, add 4 or 5 inches to that to allow for the 2' rolling waves we fish in sometimes. Then put a nail in it and forget about depth. I can do anything I want in any conditions and the motor keeps on keepin on without issue. Remember now also how expensive the TD for a side image unit is and you'll remember to keep in deep enough water to not damage it. Lesson done. My boat came with a 36" cable steer TM and the part left above on the power drive doesn't bother me at all.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Get the 60 inch 101 lb. thrust. You can never have too much power, the 36 volt system will last an easy two days, using it all day. The longer shaft is needed when fishing in rough water. I have an 18-6" Stratos with the 60 inch shaft, 36V system and I love it. I fish in the Cumberland river sometimes and need all the power I can get to move upstream sometimes. And the prices are close. You'll just need an extra deep cycle battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What MK TERROVA/I PILOT TM to get with new HB998c HD SI ?

If you want the new ipilot then get the ipilot link model. That one should have the big remote and be connected to the 'bird with an Ethernet cable. As with the trolling motor length, the longer one will help with rolling waves. Just adjust your collar to your preference.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the 60 inch 80 Lb. thrust 24 volt model.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast