Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Esse Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Esse Lake?

Any of you guys fish this lake in the north east neer Hillman? Have heard there are some Eyes in there. Thinking I may be up there in September and wondered if anyone had any info on that lake. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

i am not sure about ess lk but fletcher's does I will check into it for you and find out for sure !! i live about 30 minutes from there I am over in Lewiston

Post Thanks / Like

signman I hear that someone caught a real nice Eye there in Alpena off the Breakwall. About an 8 pounder or better. Where is this place? Do you know. Im about ready to come up to Alpena for a visit and sure would like to find some eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey FISHCRAZY. The breakwall has got to be at the marina. If you are going north on US23 you will get to a point where you have to turn left to stay on 23. If you turn right you will come to a stop sign and the marina will be in front of you. At this stop sign turn right and then turn left at the amphitheater and this is the parking area where you can access the breakwall.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

I walked out on that breakwall in the marina last time I was there and saw no fishing going on at all off of the wall. Im sure you can fish there though if you crawl overe the railing down onto the rocks. Also hear that there are a couple of piers in Oscoda and that there is good fishing up behind the Foote dam also. What you think of these spots magnum? You lived down that way didnt you?

Post Thanks / Like

I never did any fishing down at Oscoda. There are some other good fishing holes in the Alpena area. If you pass the hospital on 23 turn left at the next traffic light. Go straight to the next light and continue straight on Long Rapids Road. A few miles out you will come to a gravel area on your left. Have caught some some nice smallmouth as well as catfish and bluegill. If the water level comes back up there will be good fishing at Squaw Bay. I have caught many nice smallmouth and pike there. I did not get to try it this year but I have heard that if you park at the bird park near the hospital and walk across the bridge there are several fishing docks on the Island. My father said he saw a DNR officer fishing there catching some nice fish. He did not know what kind of fish they were.

I have seen people fishing the breakwall in Alpena but they have all been on the rocks to the right of the parking area where there are no handrails. I never saw any big fish caught but have seen some that were pretty nice. A few eyes, some smallmouth and even a few small perch.
    Last edited by magnum500; 08-26-2006 at 09:08 AM.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Magnum. Now I got some places to check out. All I need now is to figure out how and where to get some Eyes through the ice for the Christmas and new years trip up.

Post Thanks / Like

East & West Twin Lks In Lewiston Have Some Great Eye Fishing On Hard Water !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good signman and close to where I will be staying too. Where is a good place to get on the ice there and target the Eyes?