Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dying Bucktails????? Veniards Dye? Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dying Bucktails????? Veniards Dye? Help!

Help please, I would love to know where I could buy Veniards dye for dying my own bucktails. After searching for info on dying, Veniards seems to be the best quality. Any other suggestions??? I have read about the Rit dyes and the Kool-Aid dying methods but I fear that these will just fade. What do you use for your dying and how has is performed for you?????
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TreeFrog
    Help please, I would love to know where I could buy Veniards dye for dying my own bucktails. After searching for info on dying, Veniards seems to be the best quality. Any other suggestions??? I have read about the Rit dyes and the Kool-Aid dying methods but I fear that these will just fade. What do you use for your dying and how has is performed for you?????
    I've used rit dye for years dying hair and feathers. I haven't experienced fading. the only problem i've encountered is getting the shade right. strength of mixture, exposure time, and temperature all come into play.i even dyed the tail of my wife's cat. i have the scars to prove it!!!!!!!!! good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the tips Willsjwills, I am a little hesitant to try the RIT dye, but if I keep getting good feedback like yours I just may have to give it a swirl:D ,
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Tree Frog ,
    Here is a place to buy Veniards Dye . http://www.kman.com/Tying%20Accessories.htm
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!