Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhodan vs Ipilot trolling motors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhodan vs Ipilot trolling motors

I've been looking at GPS trolling motors. I have read a lot of good comments about the Rhodan trolling motors from Florida. I am wondering if anyone here has any actual experience with these TMs. The spot lock or anchor mode is what I am most interested in. From what I've read the Rhodan may have a better anchor system and more advanced GPS system. Does anyone know anything about these two TMs?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's Cane Pole when you need him?
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have a website?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    Do they have a website?
    They do have a web site. However, I would like unbiased information from actual crappie guys that have used them. From what I've read, the Ipiolot, when in actual use won't keep you on a spot as advertised. I am wondering if the same is true for the Rhodan. It said to be better but I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

With the kind of money you spend for an I-Pilot type unit I would want the backing of a proven company behind the purchase. Plus all the advice you can get from the guys on here that have one. I have never heard of the other unit. Does not mean it is not any good, but you will be a pioneer in the field using it, just like the first guys on here who bought the first I-Pilot. And the first I-Pilot had some bumps and warts as any new product does, but MK has done a good job of addressing those.
    As far as the anchor system not working I think you have to be realistic about what it can do. Once you set the anchor lock the GPS is reading a signal from a satellite many miles away. If you get a gust of wind that blows you off your spot the unit has to recognize you've moved and react to move you back to the spot.
    Most people on here agree it will hold you within 10 ft. Mine does that or better if the wind is not blowing like crazy. To get much more precise than that you would have to spend a whole lot more money. I am very satisfied with my I-Pilot and what it offers.
    Good luck with your choice. If you get the Rhodan I am sure everyone, including myself, will be curious to see how it performs.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Rhodan, I never heard of that one but now I am curious on this one. I have the terrova 101 36v I-Pilot, the anchor lock works but I think it needs more work to make the feature perfect. I found my terrova trying to correct itself a couple of times by overshooting the location and have to turn the boat back around and also my terrova will keep us locked at or around the 10 foot circle instead of the 6 foot circle that was claimed by the manufacture. Overall I am happy with this trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen adds for them , but if I remember right they are pretty Pricey

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

wish I would have know about this unit two months ago ......

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    With the kind of money you spend for an I-Pilot type unit I would want the backing of a proven company behind the purchase. Plus all the advice you can get from the guys on here that have one. I have never heard of the other unit. Does not mean it is not any good, but you will be a pioneer in the field using it, just like the first guys on here who bought the first I-Pilot. And the first I-Pilot had some bumps and warts as any new product does, but MK has done a good job of addressing those.
    As far as the anchor system not working I think you have to be realistic about what it can do. Once you set the anchor lock the GPS is reading a signal from a satellite many miles away. If you get a gust of wind that blows you off your spot the unit has to recognize you've moved and react to move you back to the spot.
    Most people on here agree it will hold you within 10 ft. Mine does that or better if the wind is not blowing like crazy. To get much more precise than that you would have to spend a whole lot more money. I am very satisfied with my I-Pilot and what it offers.
    Good luck with your choice. If you get the Rhodan I am sure everyone, including myself, will be curious to see how it performs.
    I love my Terrova with I-Pilot
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast