Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that was kind of dumb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now that was kind of dumb

so on memorial day weekend, when i was fishing at LOZ i tied into a 17" striped bass on a big broken rapala. my stepdad tells me that it is a white bass but i didn't believe him because the mouth was too big. so we snapped a photo of it and tossed it into the livewell to eat for lunch. now, i use a "fish camera", crappy disposable camera that stays in my tackle box until it is full. this weekend it got full and i developed it. after looking at the picture and showing it to some other folks it really was a huge white bass. moral of the story; white bass look a lot like striped bass when you're a little hungover. also, bugman, turns out there are giant white bass in my cove, go git 'em!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

I'll do that i love to get after em when they're busting shad that is a blast,give me a yell if you're down and see em chasing i'll be down and we will work em over.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.

Kinda funny,the Mo.size limit for white bass allows 4 over 18 inches per day.In all my years,I don't think I've ever caught even 1 over 18 inches,how about ya'll?

Post Thanks / Like

Missouri no. Arkansas yes.
    We were blown off Dardanelle back in '92 during springbreak, so we fished below the Dam. White bass were running. Pulled a 20" 4+ lbs. white bass from the tail waters. Ran me down the bank interrupting (pissing off) other fishermen. It was a blast. I only fish for white bass when I happen upon them busting shad or hit an active school while crappie fishing. Their fun, but don't taste near as good as a crappie. Or maybe I just don't know how to prepare them properly to get that heavy oily taste out of the meat. I've separated the red meat, but still too strong for me.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

That was 14 years ago!! IT don't count!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like I read somewhere to soak in salty water to get that taste out, don't know for sure.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i soak almost all my fish in saltwater for at least an hour, tends to give them an overall cleaner taste and tightens the meat up a little bit. (also kills off any parasites that might be hiding in there.) i'm pretty sure the overall missouri law is just 15 a day, the no more than 4 over 18" law is on thomas hill. i might be wrong on this, anybody know?
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

thats what posted at smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like you kit i only mess with em when they are chasing but you have to admit it is one of the funnest fishing experinces you can have here in Mo,i have never caught one anywhere near 18" but would like too.The salt water thing helps but they still dont compare to crappie thats why i almost always release them.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast