Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will a Lund 2075 be good for Crappie and Striper fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will a Lund 2075 be good for Crappie and Striper fishing?

I am thinking about getting a Lund 2075 for Crappie, White bass and Striper fishing. Are these boat any good for these species or it don't really matter? Right now I have a bass boat and I wish I would've bought one of the multi species boat instead.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as crappie fishing goes, folks consistently catch fish out of anything from a kayak to a pontoon. That's a nice big boat with plenty of room to fall in the boat instead of out. They usually lack on storage, though. Pros and cons, just depends more on your fishing methods.

What style of crappie fishing interests you?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Higher sides grab more wind and make control harder.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an 1825 explorer and love it. Lund also has the crappie edition with the baitwell and the two seats up front for spider rigging. The 2075 should work just fine for crappie and take the big water for stripers also.

What skeetbum says is correct but not a big enough problem for me to not go deep v. I put a 101 trolling motor on mine to deal with the wind.

Here's a couple of vids with my rig.

Gar and Crappie - YouTube

Crappie Masters 2011 Alabama River.avi - YouTube
    BnM Poles *** Lake Fork Trophy Lures *** Bee Ready- Rod Holders for a Lifetime

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the video, I will check out the crappie edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottom_Bouncer View Post
    I've got an 1825 explorer and love it. Lund also has the crappie edition with the baitwell and the two seats up front for spider rigging. The 2075 should work just fine for crappie and take the big water for stripers also.

What skeetbum says is correct but not a big enough problem for me to not go deep v. I put a 101 trolling motor on mine to deal with the wind.

Here's a couple of vids with my rig.

Gar and Crappie - YouTube

Crappie Masters 2011 Alabama River.avi - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I will most likely be doing spider rigging, I am still pretty new at crappie fishing so I am still learning different techniques. I have always thought that the 2075 had tons of storage rooms, there seems to be a storage box all around the boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by filletfetish View Post
    As far as crappie fishing goes, folks consistently catch fish out of anything from a kayak to a pontoon. That's a nice big boat with plenty of room to fall in the boat instead of out. They usually lack on storage, though. Pros and cons, just depends more on your fishing methods.

What style of crappie fishing interests you?

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring it down here to Tenn and we'll test it out!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    I will most likely be doing spider rigging, I am still pretty new at crappie fishing so I am still learning different techniques. I have always thought that the 2075 had tons of storage rooms, there seems to be a storage box all around the boat.
    I fish out of a smaller Deep V, and the only problem I've run into spider rigging is when trying to go real shallow. As far as space, I shouldn't have said that. I've not personally looked at the model. In comparison, all the models that I've ever looked at didn't have near the amount of storage as a bass boat of the same length. When I target something other than crappie, I have to bring along the appropriate tackles box(s). I can't fit them all.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a 2006 Lund Classic 1660 and love it. It's very stable for everyone onboard and fishes all species very well. I mostly fish for crappie, bass & bluegill. I love the protrack & Sportrak systems on Lund Boats. They work great for moving rod holders, tool holders, or other accessories. The Protrack on the outside works great for a snap-in cover. Here's

a picture of my Lund taken this year after I had a new Sunbrella cover and graphics added.

. Name:  IMG_0159.JPG (2).jpg
Views: 3155
Size:  42.3 KB

Another picture from the water with my best fishing buddy, my son....
    Name:  DSC_0395.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  38.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Boat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast