Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troll Perfect

Post Thanks / Like

Question Troll Perfect

Has anyone ever used one of these? It's called "Troll Perfect" It's a clamp like that attaches to your trolling motor shaft to help keep it straight when trolling when you need to take your foot off the foot peddle. Just seen it on the internet and it looks like it could work. Cost less than $30 so I ordered one today to try. I'll post results when I try it out.
    Set da hook

Post Thanks / Like

I got one and put in on this winter. Haven't used it yet, but I've heard good things from folks who have used them. I fish out on the main lake at Kentucky Lake a lot, and when the wind is blowing and the waves are high (which is most of the time), I need to have the motor turned up pretty high to hold the boat. Hopefully the troll perfect will hold the motor in place. It was super-easy to install.

Post Thanks / Like

Worked great for me and very simple! I got one on my maxxum and used it for trolling until I got my terrova with Ipilot! Just remember when you turn the screw...a little adjustment goes a long way! You do have to reach over and adjust it from time to time but its pretty easy....I could turn mine with my fingers.
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Mcpreach,why would have need one? On a Maxine it has a screw under cable on foot pedal that tighten up to hold it straight so you can troll with foot off pedal. I do it at times
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MePreach View Post
    Worked great for me and very simple! I got one on my maxxum and used it for trolling until I got my terrova with Ipilot! Just remember when you turn the screw...a little adjustment goes a long way! You do have to reach over and adjust it from time to time but its pretty easy....I could turn mine with my fingers.
    I had one before I got my Terrova. He is right about a little tightening goes a long way. I put mine on and finger tightend the clamp and then when I went fishing I forgot I had put it on. I could barely push the pedal to move the motor. Took me a minute or two to realize I had it too tight and adjusted it. It worked fine for me.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I put one on my Minn kota last year and it is the best thing I have added in a long time. If I had the motor turned up a little and took my foot off of the foot pedal and tried to put a fish in the livewell it would whip around and about throw me out of the boat. Since I have installed the perfect troll, problem solved. I give them a 5 star rating. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    Mcpreach,why would have need one? On a Maxine it has a screw under cable on foot pedal that tighten up to hold it straight so you can troll with foot off pedal. I do it at times
    Hmmmm! I never knew it had a screw? I just learned something knew! I still got it for a back-up and will check it out. Thanks
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you buy these thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    I've been told that when you use the tension screw under the pedal it puts pressure on the cable that causes it to fray over time. Not sure if that's true, but it made sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevy55 View Post
    Where do you buy these thing?
    Hey Chevy .. If you Google troll perfect it will show you the website where you can order. There's also a link there to a You Tube video that is pretty neat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast