Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Ozark Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Ozark Crappie

Hello all,

Its been a long time since I have been on here but I am finished waterfowling and ready for crappie!
    I have a new spot to stay at LOZ this spring that is no where near where I was fishing. So I had a few questions if you all dont mind.

I will be staying at the 13mm of the niangua arm near HaHa tonka, I have never fished this area and was looking for a little advice. Any help would be great. Does the spring change the way I should fish. I was planning on jigging the docks or should I hit the creeks and brush?

Post Thanks / Like

There's prolly a lot of factors that will determine that! Weather, water temp, the time of spring you plan on fishing ect..
    But I don't fish Loz much and there are several other folks on here that know a lot more about that lake than me! Just gotta go and find em! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Never fish it in the spring but its been to me all winter.. There's lots of brush plies all over the place.. There be some one along that can help you out..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lake Ozark Crappie

I am at the 5 1/2 on there and could help start you out a little. The walleye fishing is really picking up that way too. Shoot me a pm and I will get you going.

Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong, but I think he was talking about the spring coming out of ha ha tonka. We used to swim in that when we were kids about a hundred years ago it seems. Freakin cold but felt good on a really hot summer day.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was talking about that cold spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooops! Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Most fish run towards the Tonka spring in the winter. You can find plenty of fish over buy the island. It's a great place to catch hybrids and large mouth. The crappie are pretty thin that far down until the end of march first of april. I would head towards Larry R Gale put in and start around the deep areas there. 20ft and deeper around submerged brush or bait balls of shad. Shoot me a pm if I can help you any more.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys cancelled the drive due to snow, I will hit it next weekend.