Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Change in Classic Date

Post Thanks / Like

Default Change in Classic Date

The date of the Buckeye Crappie Challenge Classic tournament at Rocky Fork has been changed to Sunday, October 20th, 2013. In addition to addressing some schedule issues, this will allow everyone an extra day to pre-fish if they wish, and eliminate the need for many people to take Friday as a vacation day. I know it will also cause others who work weekends some hardship, but this seemed to be the best date to accomodate the majority of folks.

Season's getting closer! First 2 tournaments are on shallow lakes, which tend to light up in April!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is also a travel day for Crappie USA Championship!

Post Thanks / Like

I understand. Unfortunately, we're pretty confined on what we can do. Indiana Slab Masters Classic is on the 12th and 13th, Crappie USA extends through the 26th, and Jeff isn't available on the 19th. The 20th was our best option. The good news is that the Kentucky Lake area is not as far as some of the venues for Crappie USA in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it mandatory to make it Sat meeting in eve for classic? Just wondering because I had that day off but not Sunday so I can make a switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me, you'll want to be there. It's not just the normal seminar. The entry fee is $60, but it includes the meal. In addition, that's when we'll recognize the points champion, hand out any awards to other points leaders (still haven't decided what we'll be doing--depends on the money we have at the end of the year), and we always hand out prizes based on a drawing. Nets, overnight stays at lakes, etc. Almost everyone gets something. And before anyone comments, I KNOW Jeff hasn't gotten the Southern Pro kits to everyone on the list from last year yet---I haven't gotten mine yet either. I'll work with him to get them to everyone.