Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How many of you are using micro jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many of you are using micro jigs.

I custom tie jigs and other lures. Just recently started tying bass bugs and other flies. I see that there are a few threads on micro jigs. I am trying to get a feel to see if there is a market for them worth me getting into. Let me know if you use them and what kind and size.

Also you might want to try some mayfly flies that I have started tying. They are not on my site yet as I am still testing them, but they are working just as great as my other jigs. They are very light and work great with a superlite spinning outfit as well as a fly rod. Email me if you want to try some.
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Brian Bodin
    President/CEO]
    Southeasttackle and Outdoors
    2914 Sagefield Rd
    Tuscaloosa, Al 35405
    205-393-3758
    www.southeasttackle.com
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Southeasttackle; 08-06-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian:

I am using them. I have been using 1/32oz. and 1/64 oz. Colors I have been using: white head/white marabou, white head/yellow marabou, white head/chartruce marabou. In my neck of the woods, I can't tell color is making that much difference it is the tiny size they are preferring at the moment.

Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

hey brian. like mud-dabber, i use mostly small jigs-- 1/32 & 1/48 oz. jigs. i can't speak for the masses, but i guess it depends on how you fish and what kind of water you fish in. my water here on the tenn-tom is not very deep, so no need to have big jigs. since i fish shallow water, i am a proponent of small jigs. lots of luck

Post Thanks / Like

I like 1/64th ounce jigs for clear water and 1/32nd ounce for stained. I like 1/48th ounce and 1/16th ounce for murky water. My favorite colors are a solid burnt orange, Pink white pink, solid chartreuse, solid hot pink, dark green red collar with a chartreuse tail. Black and pink, Black and ice blue. That ought to be a start anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't consider 1/32 oz a micro. Some of the micro ice fishing jigs I see are 1/80 and 1/100 oz. Usually the smallest jigs we use are 1/64oz. If I want smaller, I just use a fly. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern