Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night fishing light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night fishing light

I'm going to try night time crappie fishing this summer. What is the best green submersible light for the money? Planning on using it over stake beds. Anybody got one they want to unload? If so PM me.

Thanks
    Just say no......to live bait

Post Thanks / Like

I got my 4 for florescent green light from bad pro for $200. I made one from inductions i got on the net but could never get it to not leak. I also ordered one of the led green lights but sent it back..not nearlyas bright as the florescent. I would try to go with someone who night fishes...see what they use and if that you like that style fishing..some swear by white light..i prefer the green..lots of options out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Your in for a treat, night stalking is awesome, last summer I put well over 200 keepers in the boat, I use a small green light. put it around 2 feet below the surface, I fish a deep ledge from 20FOW to 40, I set my anchor at 30' and move in slow from the deep side till she grabs, then I set the front anchor, The key is to find bait in the area first, I also drop a mesh bag with bread in it to start the food chain, you dont need more then one light, Bass pro has the 9" ones for around $18,00, put in right at sunset, by 9/10pm you'll have 1000s of bait fish swarming the light, fish around 10 feet below your light,
    to keep the bugs away cover your light with a red filter, and paint your rod tips white, My eyes adjust and only turn my light on for rebaiting and unhooking a fish, your going to love it, clears the mind too, lol

My Light is # 1020469 @ Bass pro,

ENJOY

Post Thanks / Like

I also use the bass pro $18 light.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 3 ft green submersible light and I have only used it a few times. I have a buddy who curses me for buying this light. He says the white lights are the way to go. I think he has put a hex on me because I haven't really done that well with the green light.
    What is the deal here?
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

Green lights are far superior from my own trial and errors. Get the cheap one at bass pro, if you like it, you can spend some green on a bigger one upwards of 150 dollars or so. I have one I got off ebay years ago, about 4' long, and it draws in TONS of biatfish, spent many a summer swatting bugs and catching crappie.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing alot of night fishing for about a year now and finally just bought 2 of those light from bass pro also. Good luck to you fishing in the dark.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Green lights are far superior from my own trial and errors. Get the cheap one at bass pro, if you like it, you can spend some green on a bigger one upwards of 150 dollars or so. I have one I got off ebay years ago, about 4' long, and it draws in TONS of biatfish, spent many a summer swatting bugs and catching crappie.
    Tell that to the thousands that came over the side of my boat last year under white lights. Lol if green would've made it better I would have had to hire people to run my rods for me....then again, last year was by and far the best year I've had numbers wise.

Post Thanks / Like

Reel Lites are the best ever. But Mr. Bob Spare passed. Nothing you can buy compares to Reel Lites. RIP Bob. You are missed.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I have been fishing local DNR lakes in Indiana with very good results. Here is my set up, I use two painters lights with 12V RV white light bulbs. The light s clamp on the side of the boat, these are used for two critical functions, one drawing in tons of bait fish and providing light to see the line of rod tips. I have used bot green and white floating and submersible lights with some success. For me the two painter lights are what provides the bugs floating on the water, draws the bait fish, draws the crappie, and quite often bass as well. One thing we have noticed that when we catch a few bass the crappie stop biting, maybe its a fluke but just an observation.
    Besides the great fishing that night fishing provides, the boat traffic is super low!
    Thats my .02$'s worth....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast