Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 10,000 lakes down to 59

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10,000 lakes down to 59

Hello everyone - I moved from MN to Winston-Salem, NC last fall and am finally feeling a bit settled and ready to start searching for some great hunting and fishing spots. This time of year, I'm used to drilling holes in ice in search of jumbo perch, walleye, and of course, crappies. By the way, I still smile when I hear "crappie" pronounced down here, I just can't get myself to say it that way. I've only heard in pronounced 'croppie'.

I've been doing only online research at this point but it looks like for some crappie action I'll be headed to High Rock for numbers or Jordan for some quality. Does that about sum it up or am I missing something? I know I need to brush up on the NC rules and regulations because I just watched a crappie fishing video and the guy must have had 5 lines out. That's crazy to me...and about to get expensive.

Tight lines everyone.
    Dewey

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 5 lines.....I normally spider rig with 8 rods and when useing crankbaits I pull with 6 rods and push with 4 at the same time. Get your pocket book ready lol.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, my guess is that you're going to love it. I fish with 8-12 poles depending on what I am trying to accomplish. I believe genec is from NC and he seems to know what is going on in those lakes. I met him while he was fishing in Florida and he really seemed to know what he was doing.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10,000 lakes down to 59

Welcome

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck!

Monk Monk's Crappie

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Winston salem is a great location, with several good crappie lakes within an hour or so drive. Welcome to NC

Post Thanks / Like

I lived in MN from 2010-2011 and you can only use 1 rod per person. Try spider rigging if your out by yourself LOL not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

We call them Specs down here!