Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville 2/17/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville 2/17/2013

What a pleasant day. Got to the ramp as the sun was just getting up. Truck thermometer was at 18 degrees. Got the boat into the water ready for a fine morning. Turned the key and found some moron had left their master switch on and cranking battery didn't have enough juice to turn over the outboard. Climbed up front and removed one of my tm batteries. Took a bit, but motor finally started. No trolling motor, no wind, no problem. Eased the throttle forward and it was like pushing on a rock. Throttle frozen in idle. Replaced trolling motor battery and said the heck with an outboard, I will just not go too far. Ended up keeping 27. Trolled back to the dock, about a 15 min ride on 10. Started to dread putting the boat on the trailer with no outboard and expected wet feet and legs. What the heck, try the outboard one last time. Fired right up and throttle worked fine. Reminded me of my Air Force days in South Dakota.
    BG blue ice, 2 lb test. 10 to 12 feet deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up for hangin in there! I would've just came home mad lol

Post Thanks / Like

Had a few days like that! I got to ramp a few weeks ago and transmission shifter broke on my truck while launching boat! Had to get under truck and shift it manually with a HAMMER! By this time I am determined I am gonna fish regardless...caught several that day! I guess we got to have those days where we will be thankful for the good ones!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same trouble about (2) ago with my big motor and you are a lot braver than me 18 degrees.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job hanging tough and caught some fish
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep