HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sad story

Post Thanks / Like

Default A sad story

"Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, posted in wrong place............................

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you did. So far away that we never think of it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A sad story

Just home from the legion were we?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

It's disgusting how man treats it's wild life and fellow humans ,when it comes down to it's about making a buck.Plastics should be recycled I wish we would just go back to glass containers.I fish from the shoreline and I can't began to tell you how much fishing line in soda pop bottles I have picked up or burned on the river bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A sad story

You been to legion againa?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

I was a Crew Chief on C133B aircraft out of Travis AFB CA in 1966. We diverted into Midway with Radar problems. The Navy owned the place at the time, not sure about now. Got the Radar fixed but not before we had to go into a minimum 15 hour crew rest. Go out to Preflight the next morning and one of those DoDo birds was sitting out near the right wing tip. We left it be as they are very clumsy at take off. Fired up all 4 engines, it didn't move. Taxied to the end of the runway, didn't move. Ran all 4 engines to power, still there. Started takeoff roll, loadmaster was watching out of a porthole window. Said at about 30 knots, it fell off, hit the runway, got up and walked away.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen TV segments and newspaper articles that report a lot of that plastic is from the Japan tsunami that hit in March or April of 2011. All that plastic washed out to sea and is just there in the Pacific floating around. Obviously the Gooney birds (Albatross) are eating it. One TV segment I saw said that the "plastic trash" from Japan has reached Hawaii and it won't be long before it reaches the US west coast. Again, from Japan. The Gooney's are beautiful sea birds that are great flyers. Their only problem is that they do a terrible job of takeoff and landing, and aren't very particular about what they eat. Obviously it's a tragedy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiegirl1 View Post
    You been to Legion again ?
    Yes Linda ! ! !
    I try to get down there as often as the wife ain't lookin ..................................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyjohn View Post
    I have seen TV segments and newspaper articles that report a lot of that plastic is from the Japan tsunami that hit in March or April of 2011. All that plastic washed out to sea and is just there in the Pacific floating around. Obviously the Gooney birds (Albatross) are eating it. One TV segment I saw said that the "plastic trash" from Japan has reached Hawaii and it won't be long before it reaches the US west coast. Again, from Japan. The Gooney's are beautiful sea birds that are great flyers. Their only problem is that they do a terrible job of takeoff and landing, and aren't very particular about what they eat. Obviously it's a tragedy.
    While garbage from the 2011 Japan tsunami is definitely part of it, the Pacific garbage patch has been around a long time and I doubt the debris from the tsunami makes up more than a tiny fraction of it. It covers an area approximately the size of Texas. The NOAA surmised its existence studying ocean currents, and their predictions were confirmed in 1997.

Great Pacific Garbage Patch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast