Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arrowhead Landing, 2/16/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrowhead Landing, 2/16/13

Got there about 7am. Blue sky no wind. Wind picked up almost immediately and blew me all over Limestone Bay. Two short bites, no fish in the boat. Left at 10 and had trouble getting the boat on the trailer the wind was blowing so hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nathansmithusa View Post
    Got there about 7am. Blue sky no wind. Wind picked up almost immediately and blew me all over Limestone Bay. Two short bites, no fish in the boat. Left at 10 and had trouble getting the boat on the trailer the wind was blowing so hard.
    the wind was biggest reason I wasn't going!

Post Thanks / Like

I will give you an "A+" for effort! I had thought of heading out a few days to Grenada but the weather is calling for 20mph winds this week.
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel bad Nathan, I fought it too this morning...in a kayak! And it was cooold. Didn't catch a crappie but caught two spots, one pretty nice one and the other was the size of a Bobby Garland. Just too hard to fish with the wind, can't control the boat or stay on what you want to fish. Maybe next time...

Post Thanks / Like

Southern, when you're a die hard fisherman, next time is tomorrow or Monday. Here's hoping for less wind, else I'll have to buy an extra anchor. :-)

See you out there.

Post Thanks / Like

xSOUTHERNx,

Wished I'd know you were going! I fished some areas that were at least a little out of the wind on the North end. I kept a limit, but it was a slow day!

Post Thanks / Like

Going tomorrow, too. Please pass the hot spots... And since Monday is a holiday, I'll try and go then, too.