Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Cranks-How Much Line Out?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Cranks-How Much Line Out?

I bought a dozen bandits and have read all of the trolling articles. I'm ready to try it. I am in Florida and my main lake averages about 8 feet deep. I bought 200s and 300s. I need the lure to run at about 7 feet. I'm going to start with 8 lb test because I just put new 8 lb line on 4 reels. I'm going to start at about 1.5 MPH. Will somebody please tell me how much line I need to have out at this speed to get these 2 lures to 7 feet. If anyone knows the name of book (and where to buy or order it) that shows this info, I would appreciate that info also. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Glenn, try this linl to Baandit Lures. information on depth range. There is a way it can be calculated, but I done know how.
    http://www.banditlures.com/contact_us.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Glenn, you have an e=mail.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gracie. Steve-I did not get an EMail from you. Would you please try again at: [email protected]. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Thanks Gracie. Steve-I did not get an EMail from you. Would you please try again at: [email protected]. Thanks.
    Thats where I sent it before, will send you a couple of PM's.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience, using the 300's with as little as 50' and as much as 150' of line they will bump bottom at 14' and hang up in 12'. You're probably going to find that the 200's will work better for you in the shallower water.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree with Darryl. 300s will be dragging the bottom too much in 8' of water, 200s will too, most likely. Watch your rod tips closely and you can see when they are on the bottom. Actually, bumping the bottom across a point is not a bad thing, I have got a lot of strikes just as the crankbaits starts to hit the bottom. Not always crappie though.
    I may try some 100s, I think the 200s may run too deep at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Must... Absorb... information.
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Default bandit depth

2000 series bandit with 10 pound mono will run 8 feet with 30 feet of line out.With 8 pound youre going to run alittle deeper.

Post Thanks / Like

To elaberate more on trolling 100s, in the lake where I do most of my fishing, this year's shad crop are working the surface alot. Going 8' deep with a 200 may be too deep for the crappies that are working these shad schools. A 100 that only runs 4' deep or less may generate more strikes.
    There are folks who may do more trolling than I do, I do it after I fish other methods first. I haven't seen anyone who has been running 100s but I think they may match up with this year's shad crop better than 200s which may run under the schools. Any thoughts from someone else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast