Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question for users of Cubby Mini Mite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for users of Cubby Mini Mite

Do your Mini Mites have significant tail action on a straight retrieve? If so, about when did you buy them? Seems to me that the ones I bought a decade ago had tails that whipped around considerably when retrieved, but I ordered a bunch a couple of years ago and when I used them straight out of their plastic-tube containers, the tails didn't move at all when retrieved. Some of them still caught crappies (mostly while sinking), but had no more action than a much cheaper mini-worm. Don't know if they changed the plastic formulation at Cubby or...?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're not particularly satisfied with the action of the "newer" ones .... consider Charlie Brewer Slider grubs as a replacement.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Use mini mites in Illinois every year. Standard for one rod. Cannot go wrong. The action on straight retrieve brings them in the boat! I use a quick touch of super glue to keep grubs attached.

Post Thanks / Like

plateboater, are you using the original size with the 1/32 oz ball head or the Mini Mite 2? Are you saying the tail does whip around on yours?

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are the most under rated jig around !!! They are my go to bait everytime !!! Gills and crappie tear them up ! I havent seen a difference in action over the years.....
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

I am more interested in the jig head itself. There is something different about it plastics act different then standard jig head. The fall rate and the way they fall is a tad different. If I could find just the jig heads I would buy a bunch.