Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: War Eagle rail system DIY projects

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle rail system DIY projects

Anybody make anything for spider rigging or any other ideas
    like adjustable mounts for electronics or mans favorite beverage holder
    Last edited by bassgas; 02-15-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great question! I am interested in seeing responses. I haven't really made anything, But I do have eight duck blind brackets that I mounted Scotty rod holders on (kayak version/small bait cast model). This gives me a very adaptable system that allows me to easily move/adjust rods 360 degrees around the boat. This is in addition to my one spider rig setup on the bow.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

funny that this popped up, here in the last week or 2 i have been making some brackets and what not for mine. so far ive got 6 rod holders done, a gps bracket for ram mount, and a bracket for my graph up front. this way i can change, move or remove any of this at the drop of a hat. reason i made the rod holders, i dont "strictly" spider rig, and am liable to be bass fishing a bank and move to jigging then trolling etc and didnt want full blown spider rigs that would have my boat all jacked up all the time. testing is starting as soon as tomorrow and will last all spring and summer. didnt think of making a beer holder, ill put that on the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to add pictures

Post Thanks / Like

can you add the picture of the GPS bracket for the ram mount please.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a WarEagle and thought about buying these, take a look at the site. and you will see his rod holders that work with the WarEagle

CRAPPIERODHOLDERS.COM - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

im gonna try and finish some up this weekend, and once i get it all done ill take some pictures, these were strictly experimental so i have no clue whats going to happen. a very simple design as well

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take some pictures this weekend to post. I really like the war eagle rail cap system.

I also forgot that I used different rail cap bracket from war eagle and put a RAM mount and HB quick mount on it for my HB 798. I have it positioned so I can use it when I drive the boat, and rotate it when I move to the front to fish. I have the same RAM mount set up on my Triton too which allows me to hot swap the head between boats.
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  DSC01462.jpg
Views: 11412
Size:  55.7 KBName:  DSC01463.jpg
Views: 6787
Size:  53.0 KB
    Scotty with Hi Tek rod holders made these for me

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it".

William James

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy,

That looks perfect! What length WE is that on, and do you have any issues with opening the gun box? I'm thinking a six rod holder for my use. Looks like I am going to be talking with Scott soon.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast