Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrible dream

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrible dream

Last night I had a dream or nightmare I should say, I hit a stump and put a nasty gouge in my boat, it looked like someone smacked the aluminum hull with an axe. UtR was in it as well and he just calmly said as I was trailering the hunk of junk "ah I know where to find another one" hahah all night this stupid stressful story went on.
    "Kids who hunt and fish dont steal and deal"

2012 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2012 Buggs Bash Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Dont tell anyone you were dreaming 'bout me LOL. But that is true, I do know where ya can get another one!
    NWR BASH WINNER
    FEBRUARY 2011
    SPECKLE DIVISION

Post Thanks / Like

Real nightmare. Back in the early 70's my buddy bought a 10' Montgomery Ward jon boat with a 4hp Elgen out of the Trading Post, $50.00 for both. The boat had no seats, no flotation and leaked like a sieve. He used to sit on a bucket and cushion to run it. I refused to get in it. He was fishing at night (not legal) in the pits by the Norfolk Airport when he hit something. He said at first he thought it was just the motor sputtering, he shines flashlight in the bottom and sees a 4' long gash. He said the boat sank so fast that for a second he was sitting on a cushion on the water. We went back the next morning and he dove down about 10 times to unhook the motor and pull it up, and get his rods back. Far as I know it's still ther on the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

true story, 1972, high school buddies and me go across back bay in a 12' sears game fisher with a sears one banger 7.5 air cooled outboard. We were trapping mink, and swamp rats. Running up a marsh I hit a old pier piling and sheared of to shear pin in the propeller. It is like 3:30, January !!35 degrees, miles from land and no ore or motor now. 3 of us in boat. Did a Mcgivaier, found a old board with a 16 penny nail, found a bottle, broke bottle used edge to saw off nail, removed prop, with wooden sticks and put piece of nail in where shear pin was. Idled back across sound arrived in the dark, cold thirty. Me buddies never went out trapping with me again .
    Closer to the rip, Paddled a homemade canvas canoe across from North end of knotts island all the way to Cedar Island !!4-5 miles of open water. Hit pier on end of island and ripped 2 foot gash in bottom of canoe, It is like 6am in morning, we fish all day and figure one of us can paddle the canoe back, patch it, then return to get the other. So me brother paddles back, goes to store gets duck tape paddles back to get me, I am sitting under water cus to many bugs and it is 11pm at night and man is is dark and all kinds of stuff is swimming buy. He got me we paddled back and went back next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was stationed in Arkansas, I carried a 357 magnum with snake shot in the boat for snakes. A kid who worked for me liked the idea and began doing the same, UNTIL, one day a water moccasin dropped into his jonboat and he shot it in the boat with a hollow point! True story. Same young man bought a new Chevy stepside pickup w/6 cyclinder engine. He started bragging about the gas mileage. So, I proceeded to add or take gas out of his truck for about a month. His mileage ranged for 60 mpg to 60 mpg, he stopped bragging though!
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

His mileage ranged for 60 mpg to 60 mpg
    Meant to say 60 mph to 6 mph, fat fingers?
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack