Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spider rigging question

Post Thanks / Like

Default spider rigging question

okay so i've never spider rigged just getting my boat set up for it. for the past several years i have used nothing but weedless jigheads and i love them. i can fish anywhere and not get hung up very often. i've been reading a lot on spider rigging and it seems like nobody uses weedless jigheads. is there anybody here that spider rigs with weedless? i am worried about it because it seems to me with weedless i will miss more fish. also what lb test does everyone use for the main line/leaders? i bought 8 lb test fluorocarbon for the leaders, but now i'm wondering if i shouldn't have went with 6 lb and used 8 or 10 for the main line.

Post Thanks / Like

8 in flouro should be fine! I am personally not wild about weedless hooks, but worth a try. Also consider litewire hooks.

Post Thanks / Like

8 flouro is fine. I don't use jigs very often, just minnows and some crappielogic gnats.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

By the way spoons work good also.

Post Thanks / Like

i like a minnow on top and a bg jig on bottom caught a ton of fish like this

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input everyone. i think i've got it figured out. i've got 10 lb mono as my main line (cheap trilene big game) and 8 lb flouro leaders running the capps and coleman setup. minnow hook on top with a minnow and a 1/32 jighead and jig on bottom. that way the fish has the option what he wants to eat. ill try weedless at first, but if i feel like i am missing too many fish i will get rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits View Post
    By the way spoons work good also.
    i heard that as well, picked me up about a dozen different ones to try once i get some exp under my belt

Post Thanks / Like

I run these at times when fishing heavy brush and they are a great alternative to the fiber weedless,the wire is so light i really can't remember ever having them cause me to miss a fish.When fishing scattered stumps or stakebeds i run regular jigheads or Crappie logic gnats.
    Wire Guard Sickle Hook Jigs at Simply Crappie...Your one stop source for all your Crappie jig fishing needs!
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

well had a great first trip out spider rigging. the weedless jighead didn't seem to matter and i got my limit. can't beat that! thanks for the replies everyone.