Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Standard or Glow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Standard or Glow

I think about trying to paint a jig or two. I had went to the pro-tec web site to look at the paints. they have 100s of paints but I looking just at the pink and orange. They have three kinds of paints but I am thing I like to stay with the Standard or Glow witch do you like better?
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gin, I use regular paint. I like the chart, orange, ruby slipper, black, and saphire blue.

I have 1 can of the glow white, but i don't use it much, as I don't fish at night much.

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

I use CSI Super Glow powder.
    Dont know if it matters much but if it does I'm ready.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a jar of the standard glow white and super glow green. The super glow colors are pretty new. I think they just came out last year. If you want some glow colors, I'd say go with the super glow. It lasts much longer than the standard glow. Standard glow fades after a few minutes, while the super glow can last up to an hour. Less time charging the glow = more jig time in the water = more fish. Some colors glow longer than others because of the different glow pigments. Green glows the longest, red the shortest.

I would start out with a limited number of colors to begin with. Then if you decide to stick with it you can get more. Start with black, white, pink, chartreuse, and orange. You can buy white and a dull yellowish orange (think road paint color) at Harbor Freight for $5 a pound. They have black too, but it's not glossy.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

I would get your "fav" colors and start there. You can always use the overcoat for some glow. After a while it won't matter anyways cause you'll have most of them. I started with 2 colors and now I don't have enough fingers and toes to count them all.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat