Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another spidder rigging question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another spidder rigging question

When pre-making your rigs, what size lead head do you put on them? Or can you just put hooks on them and use them for minnows and grubs?

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to use Carolina Rigs with varying weight amounts and varying leader lengths depending on speed of presentation and depths that I am fishing them.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Straight minnow hooks for me, 95% of the time.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Model1 View Post
    When pre-making your rigs, what size lead head do you put on them? Or can you just put hooks on them and use them for minnows and grubs?

I make some with just hooks and some with as light of jigheads I can get away with. I also like to tie combination rigs!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about attaching snap swivels so they could be changed from hook to jig head easily. i have ordered some harness holders to store them on and was going to start making some up and just wondered what everybody else does.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually will use straight minnows to find fish and then usually fish a jig on top of lead and minnow hook on bottom. To see if fish are bigger on the jigs. Then I adjust as needed. Tip everything with minnows if under .6 MPH.

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of putting snaps on use a loop knot, squeeze the loop at the end and thread it thru the eye of jig or hook, open the loop back up and run the jig thru it and pull tite. Takes a little practice but it is easy to tie and easy change out baits if needed. I use very little hardware on my rigs, #5 snap swivel on the end for the weight, eveything else is loop knots.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925