Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's Up ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's Up ??

wasted space
    Last edited by Ferdi; 08-04-2006 at 10:16 PM. Reason: wasted space

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Ferdi .......

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdi
    Can't seem to post any pictures, finally got them cropped down far enough but can't get this to work. It won't show that they are attached, takes forever to upload from the computer. What am I doing wrong?? Ferdi
    Are you trying to post pictures directly from your home computer's files, or from a web based site (like Photobucket) ??
    The pictures MUST be on the web, somewhere, and linked thru a server. Your home PC is "connected" to the web, but not actually "on" it.

When you add the "address" of the picture to your post .... it should look something like : http:// bigolefish.jpg --- add [img] on the left, and [/img] on the right of the address --- then hit the "preview post" button, to see what it will look like when you post it. (NOTE: you must include those exact brackets and letters, and no spaces between any of the address and bracketed letters). Ignore the fact that I left a space between // and bigolefish ... I did that so the address wouldn't come across in the post, as a highlighted link.
    I have all my posted photos on Photobucket ... and all I have to do to post them, is to open up my Photobucket album and copy the IMG address, then paste it in my post. All my pictures are from my digital camera, or from scanned pictures taken with "film" cameras ... 110 film cameras or Instamatic film cameras ... and Photobucket resizes them automatically. I can also crop down or resize with my scanner, before putting the picture in my Photobucket album.
    Give us a rundown of what exactly you are doing, and how you are attempting to post them ...... surely we can spot the problem, and advise you of where the glitch is, and get you fixed. ............ cp

Post Thanks / Like

I use http://www.villagephotos.com/ for hosting my pic's.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

if you are scanning your photos to your computer with a scanner, which is what i do, you must keep the file small enough (145kb or less for JPEG) for it to upload from your puter. you also should keep the narrow side of your photo to about 450 which will keep the photo from extenting out past the forum page or it will look like a giant poster once you get it uploaded. once you have it scanned, saved and sized on your puter you can then upload it to the forum from your puter without having to store it on the web. just go to the bottom of the posting page, click on manage attachments and in the small screen that pops up migrate to the photo you have stored on your puter by clicking on the brouse button then click on upload and it will upload. i have a folder on my desk top i store all my photos in when i scan em. once i get em scanned, then i go back and resize the images to a forum managable size and resave em. once its uploaded, go back to the post and click on submit reply. you must keep your photo at or below the size thats given for the file size on the manage attachments screen or it wont upload.. ive never used photobucket or any of those other web storage places. its imperitave you keep the file size below the limits set for the file size posted for the files you want to upload thats listed on the manage attachments page or it wont upload. sounds to me like the file size of your photos are too large for the limits set for the forum. if you are using a digital camera thats a whole new ball game for me and i dont know how youd do it directly from a camera to a puter, but again its all in how you are saving your photo before you upload it.
    Last edited by rango; 08-04-2006 at 05:13 AM.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i use .photobucket.com
    it is simple and it will resize the picks .
    photobucket.com/register.php
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ferdi, how you been doing? I keep you in mind to get over there and meet you, but been so busy trying to get this jig tying thing going and now I am trying to put some in the little stores that have fishing tackle.

One thing is I have time since I am not counting on this for meals so I will not rush it.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and I still need to make it over to Rayburn to get after some of them crappie. Maybe we can get together and do a little fishing.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks Rango .....

I didn't know how that worked !! I was always under the impression that you had to have a picture hosted on the web, before you could post it in a forum.

Ferdi ........ I stand corrected. The choice is yours ............ cp