Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pefect Jig if you had to only choose one!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Pefect Jig if you had to only choose one!

Pouring jigs last night and thought.....what do others believe is the perfect jig. If you had to choose one style weight size and hook. I mainly fish Illinois. My favorite pour is the Do-It molds round ball mainly for tying maribou or other style jigs in 1/16oz using a #4 sickle black chrome.

Second top pick is a Do-It mold 1/8oz round ball using #1 90 or sickle (pending what is in the jig shop at the time).

Any addtional thoughts from around the groups on this site would be great to hear back! Also attach a pic if you have something you would like to share.

Thanks in advance!

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

# 1 for us is the Charlie Brewer weedless crappie slider head for the thick stuff"Charlie Brewer slider co.# 2 for tying a crappie jig the minnow head in various sizes 1/48 oz-1/8 oz, #3 for plastic baits the" crappie magnet double cross".Which Do-it's roundhead jig staggered barb is real close. Will hold a 2 in solid grub or a 2in crappie tube skirt well.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Now you say If only one jig - I'm taking for granted that you can have as many of them in that style as you want. As much as I really like the redman head - I'd have to agree with Jig Man with a 1/16th horsehead jig with a #2 sickle - but I'd have different blades to cover all different types of cover and technique. I'd base that decision on how many fish I've caught using them

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had to have one mold it would be a 1/16 round head with a barbed collar. I can cut the collar off and tie to it or use it as is. I can put a #6 to a #1 hook in mine. I can add a blade to it, like a beetle spin, or tie one in as we have here lately. I can sand (with a mask on) flat spots on the side and remove even more weight to get a lighter head if needed. My favorite one to use is the minnow head with a bronze #4. I can't get big hooks out of the brush so I use a #6 when I get in the grabby stuff, and have landed some large fish with the little hook.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine, in Kansas, would be the 1/4, 1/8, and the 3/16th chub head. If any one is pouring these give me a pm. The only place I can find them is at Crappie Pro. DK

Post Thanks / Like

1/16 oz round head, chart, pink, chart. Looks like this:

My most productive jig EVER

You Can Make a Difference!

Post Thanks / Like

LM.....tell me more about the rubber shirt. Do you have much RnD. Color looks sweet. How thick is the skirt?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use old spinnerbait skirts, or buy a skirt new and dissect it to do mine. The silicone moves more, but it all works good.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks SB....Have not seen that style in Illinois

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast