PDA

View Full Version : Ky lake Mid Sept?

ShilohRed
08-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Will be fishing Ky lake Mid sept around the state line and Ken lake state park.
Any help where the fish should be then?
Hoping to catch a few fish. Will be fishing 4+ out of my boat there for 4 days.
Thanks for any advice
Pete

Greenwing
08-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Go to Kylake.com check out the fishing reports from all the guides should give you an ideal on whats going on around that time. Also while you are checking out that site go to maps and charts and look for the Ky Hydrografx link they have some really good software reasonably priced hope that helps.

Joey Briggs
08-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I fish in kenlake alot let me know when you will be ther i will try to help. Im going to pickwick tommorow to look around,any advice.

ShilohRed
08-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks Guys
Joey all that I can say is Bring fish with you. When the bait shops tell you the crappie fishing is dead. Well its slow.
If it were me I would fish The deep water ledges. Or that is what I hope to fish next week.

Green wing. By looking at my hot spots maps, And with the Humminbird 987c Si I think I should be able to find plenty of places to fish. AS of now Blood River looks like a good spot. So guessing if I can find what depth there at we should be able to catch some fish.

Cane Pole
08-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey Pete.

Stay home and save your money. Go to the fish market. Water so hot here it peeled the paint off the bottom of me jon boat! Come up in October after I get out of hospital.

ShilohRed
08-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey Pete.

Stay home and save your money. Go to the fish market. Water so hot here it peeled the paint off the bottom of me jon boat! Come up in October after I get out of hospital.

Tom I will sure make a trip up in Oct and give you a demo on the depthfidner. But we will be at Kenlake from Sept 13th through the 17th,
You need to stay away from those hospitals.
Looks like I will be making a trip back to the doctor's Monday or as soon as they will work me in..
Pete

sls
08-07-2006, 09:12 AM
We usually start fishing around the middle /end of Sept.
Oct and Nov are 2 of our better months, as we fish thru mid-April. IF we start any earlier, I'll let you know what is happening.

ShilohRed
08-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks sls It will be a fun trip if the fish is bitting or not. More of a camping trip. And fishing some also.
Pet