Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice

I talked recently with a cousin who lives at the lake. It's still frozen over. This waiting for Spring gets tougher every year.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    But don't forget the Roadrunners

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is why I moved to the south when I retired. No hard water down here. I could fish whenever I want and the temp is above 60 degrees for this old man. Die Hard fishermen could find soft water 365 days a year.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

why not go ice fishing? I wish the lakes freeze here in KY so i can ice fish. I miss ice fishing, I use to do it all the time when I lived in MN.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    why not go ice fishing? I wish the lakes freeze here in KY so i can ice fish. I miss ice fishing, I use to do it all the time when I lived in MN.
    Hush yo blasphemous mouth, Kercha (& be careful what you wish for )

... cp

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    Not gonna happen. I fell through the ice as a youth and that was enough for me. Not ever gonna happen.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    That is why I moved to the south when I retired. No hard water down here. I could fish whenever I want and the temp is above 60 degrees for this old man. Die Hard fishermen could find soft water 365 days a year.
    I live in ohio and yes we die hard fisherman fish 365 a year, I do. hard or soft water , there is always some soft water somewhere to fish even in cold weather states. Streams, spillways, creeks .

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love ice fishing... and pray for the ice to stay as long a possible! I only soft water fish to hold me over! 83, I feel for you moving out of ice country, but at least you can find beautiful crappies in many areas of KY.