Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake russell s.c.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile lake russell s.c.

just got back from lake russell around 2.30.got 24 that weighed just over
    26 pounds. had three that went over 2 ibs. fish were in 12 to 15 feet.
    all came on minnows in the shade. going again sat will let you know
    how it goes. at least someone from s.c. is trying to give some info.
    the craprodder

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Keowee mainly or I would post more. I would like a little help myself. Just started fishing a year ago. Except for when I fished as a kid in the rivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funfishing
    I fish Keowee mainly or I would post more. I would like a little help myself. Just started fishing a year ago. Except for when I fished as a kid in the rivers.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always had good luck in Stamp Creek fishing a jig and popper set up. Usually in the Spring. I have also had a lot of luck around the "skimmer wall" with minnows when Duke is not pulling water.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have been trying the upper end with little luck. I will move down the lake and give that a try. I drove up stamp creek a few years ago and have been thinking it might be a good place to try. Thanks again.
    Last edited by funfishing; 12-10-2004 at 02:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Hartwell Crappie

Hay Friends ,just Wondering If Anyone Has Any Info About The
    Crappie On Hartwell.i Live Within A Mile Of Hartwell But Always
    Fish Russell Since I Have Started To Fish For Crappie
    The Craprodder

davidbickle Guest

Default crappie in hartwell

Quote Originally Posted by funfishing

I went fishing last weekend at lake hartwell,under madden bridge,(12 mile creek arm of the lake) Got set up with lights in the water, it took about one hour for the bait fish to start swimming around the boat.But then it was on,A buddy and I caught 30 crappie in 2 hours and some of them was really big.I have been fishing this lake for years and never had that much luck.Must have found the spot.fishing with live minnows. Have you ever caught crappie in lake keowee and if you have where at? let me know if you want to know where madden bridge is. eric

Post Thanks / Like

Default I found a spot too

Quote Originally Posted by davidbickle
    I went fishing last weekend at lake hartwell,under madden bridge,(12 mile creek arm of the lake) Got set up with lights in the water, it took about one hour for the bait fish to start swimming around the boat.But then it was on,A buddy and I caught 30 crappie in 2 hours and some of them was really big.I have been fishing this lake for years and never had that much luck.Must have found the spot.fishing with live minnows. Have you ever caught crappie in lake keowee and if you have where at? let me know if you want to know where madden bridge is. eric
    Since that last post I made I tried stamp creek and so far put fish in the cooler every time. This past Friday I had my best trip yet. I took my niece, nephew and another boy to a spot on stamp creek and we caught about 40 in 3 hours. I think the time has just got right for them at least in this area. Glad you found a good spot. I have learned a lot from this site and check it everyday to help out my efforts. That bridge you are talking about is it hwy 133 bridge? If so that is not to much further than I drive now. I may have to give it a try one night. And thanks for the info. No more people I see fishing for crappie at night around here I do not think we are in danger of having are good spots fished dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Russell only have slabs, i have never caught one under 10in, just a little too far for me. It hard to past through the Hill to go to Russell, but i make a few trips there.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished Russell a good bit (Rocky River) and have had some good success. My experience this past spring did involve catching alot of dinks. Got tired of that and started going back to my old faithfull - Little River on Clarks Hill. Don't think I have caught as many fish in Little River as in Rocky River but the quality has been much better. I hope to be going this weekend if the weather is decent and the wife doesn't have me doing any pre-Thanksgiving honeydoos that I can't get out of.

Hey DI - Shoot em n da face!
    Snatching Lips