Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 798 Bridge shot

Post Thanks / Like

Default 798 Bridge shot

I hope this works, it's my first attempt to download an image, It was from a recording that I played back on Humviewer. Any help with setup is appreciated. I'm wondering if my transducer is mounted properly. I set it pretty high because I have broken a couple of them in the past. The transducer is on the right side of the motor and I'm wondering if this is causing the view on the right side to look differant. Is this some iterferance from improper mounting?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

is the transducer in the water all the time at this speed. Might be all the air bubbles in the water if you had the big motor pushing the boat. Do you get the same picture with the TM pulling the boat ??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you experienced this fuzziness since first installing the unit (or this present xducer) or is it something newly happening...??

Does the fuzzy stuff go away if you shut off all electronics and the outboard...??

(it doesn't matter if you're moving for this test)...

If the image fuzziness clears up with "nothing else" running on the boat ....you can turn on 1 electrical item (or the outboard) at a time until the fuzziness shows again to get an idea what's causing the fuzzies...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Rickie, just asking, wouldn't the fuzziness be the same on both sides if it was electrical interference ??
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't think about trying it with the TM. I haven't used it enough recently to know if it started with the new transducer or if it happened when I switched boats. The TD is high enough that on a plane it wig's out. A question on marking waypoints also, the structure on the left at the end of the guardrail, if you were going to mark it would you just put the cursor at the base of the structure to mark and try to locate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    Rickie, just asking, wouldn't the fuzziness be the same on both sides if it was electrical interference ??
    Good point wannabe...

I would also think it would be on both sides if it was interference....but these kinds of tests can easily be done to start the "process of elimination"...

Lots of variables....

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 02-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    ------------—————

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
    Didn't think about trying it with the TM. I haven't used it enough recently to know if it started with the new transducer or if it happened when I switched boats. The TD is high enough that on a plane it wig's out. A question on marking waypoints also, the structure on the left at the end of the guardrail, if you were going to mark it would you just put the cursor at the base of the structure to mark and try to locate?
    I would mark both ends of the bridge where it seems the structure contacts the bottom...

Waypoints marked up in "the water column" on structure can be very inaccurate when returning to them from a different direction....

A waypoint marked "on the lake bottom" should be the same point no matter from which direction it is returned to...

Do you have any snapshots of this structure made with the unit...?? ...it's a cool looking find...

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 02-11-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    ------------—————

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any snapshots but will try to remember to take some next time. Most everyone that fishes this lake knows where it is but it is cool to get an actual picure of it. I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by a waypoint marked in the water column. Could you be a little more specific? i'm just starting to put in the time to learn this. I have had the unit for a couple of years but not really used it to it's full potential. I was able to find several interesting things by reviewing the recording on Humviewer.

Post Thanks / Like

I would check all of the connections associated with the FF to make sure they are good and tight, and clean. When you installed this TD and wire, did you place the wire back in the same location/routed the same as the previous wire?? Don't know if it's true or not, but have read that any excess TD wire should be stored/bundled up in a certain way, either in a loop/circle or folded over (similar to how it comes out of the box) but can' remember which way is "the correct way" if true. GL.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardheaded, did you ever solved the clouded problem?
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast