Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Possible Tournament Swap Meet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Possible Tournament Swap Meet

I'm tentatively thinking about holding a swap meet at one of the tournaments for members and invited guests. All of us probably have some extra or unused boating, fishing, or other equipment that we'd like to sell or trade. For example, I've got a Wally Marshall dock shooter that I don't use that's like new. We'd have to find a place to have it, and have to decide when to have it and for how long.

One possibility is East Fork in the fall, a couple hours before the seminar, because we have a very big space at the lake management/DNR building that might work. There might be other possiblities at other lakes. We could also have it after the weigh-in. There are pros and cons to each--if we have it before the seminar from say 4-6PM, that might cut down on pre-fishing time. If we have it after the seminar or after the weigh-in, guys are tired and want to get to dinner or go home.

What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Have a half day or two hour swamp meet and a 4 or 5 hour tournament. I agree with guys being to tired to stick around after fishing all day.

Post Thanks / Like

have something to sell or trade this can be done in the parking lot...
    if they want let them swamp before or after all the seminars...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't sound like there's a whole lot of enthusiasm fo this idea; originally thought it might be an opportunity to invite Herb and maybe some other lure makers to show up, but I understand if guys think it would be too much of a distraction to participate. At this point, I'm holding off making any arrangements for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Frank, I think everyone is afraid that you"ll try swaping the HAT to their Gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Avid rod--$140.
    Pfleuger Reel--$60
    Lead jigs (by the hundred)--$10

The HAT--Priceless!!

Quote Originally Posted by Osker View Post
    Frank, I think everyone is afraid that you"ll try swaping the HAT to their Gear.