Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie lights

lakecumberlandbassman Guest

Default Crappie lights

What is the best light you guys have used crappie fishing?? Have any of you used the lights with the green light then the spotlight on the end??? Also Hello to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Welcome to Crappie.com, neighbor .....

Quote Originally Posted by lakecumberlandbassman
    What is the best light you guys have used crappie fishing?? Have any of you used the lights with the green light then the spotlight on the end??? Also Hello to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o
    I've successfully used Coleman gas lanterns, blacklights, and the 12V headlight encased in styrofoam ... all at various different times, and they all have worked. I'm sure you will get many other replies/opinions from the other members. ........ luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default lights

Good to find another cumberland fisherman.The submersible white lights are good, I dont worry about the green lights.another thing you may want to consider, is a clamp on drop light, with a 12 volt 40 or 50 watt bulb.A guy on this board gave me that tip, and I have used it only once, and it was a good add on. but with this stinkin heat its not worth even going out at night anymore. Do you have any luck with crappie on the big "C".

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 6176 From Toledo Bend Texas!

As for the lights, I use Starfire II as well as a expensive Green Light, not at the same time, but have used both and both work. I don't have or expect the Green Light to ever leak it's very well made. Can not say the same for the Starfire lights and the Optronics lights stink as far as I am concerned.

Also I think the Green Light I have brings in more bait fish. It's about 30" long and 2" Dia. with weights on each end to keep it under water about 1'. It makes a big nice circle of light and the bright part is probably about 10' Dia. and the dim part is probably about 20' Dia.

Hope this helps some, but most important thing is just to go fishing!
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 12-17-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When I'm fishing by myself or have one other person with me I burn 2 Starfire II submersibles. They draw in the bait and put out alot of light. No complaints and couldnt imagine any other light being that much better. Cut a noodle to protect them and keep your lights in a plastic ammo box and they'll last you a very long time. Walmart has 'em for $13.83 (I think) each.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the ones from BPS that sink with the green light and the spotlight on bottom. I love em infact just went and got another one this week. I bought one of the LED one from Cabellas and dont care for it that much. The BPS one is about 23 bucks and well worth it to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the same lights I got from BPS