Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart Problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heart Problems

This is something that everyone needs to watch out for.
    3 1/2 years ago on a Thursday Evening. I had pain in my left arm and elbow. Did not think much of it. Then the next evening my wife came home to find me laying on the bed. Hurting like crazy.
    I got lucky. I had 99% blockage and did not have a heart attack( Doctor could not believe I had not have a massive heart attack).. But Sure was lucky. My Grandfather died at 46 massive heart attack, My dad died at 44 with a massive heart attack. My mother at 59 massive heart attack.
    AT 40 I beat the odds. But also because I was aware of what I thought may have been heart problems.
    So please read up and don't be one of the people that think its heart burn and not your heart.
    I have had the same place stinted three times now. The last 2 from scare tissue.
    Also the main one in the back my heart was 70% when the first one was stinted. But now has cleared up to 25%

So be careful and watch out. I still can't handle the heat. But glad to be here.
    Pete
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 08-02-2006 at 07:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Advice

Excellent advice indeed. So many of us wish to ignore the facts of heart disease. I'm going to make it a point to have myself tested. Thanks again!!!
    Crouch & Hengstler Team Vicious, Southern Pro, Crappie Pro

Post Thanks / Like

January 2004 I had a heart attack four bypasses and valve job. The Lord gave me another chance and I am taking alot better care of myself now. Will never be the same and can not do the things I use to but I can watch my grandkids grow and enjoy my family. The sun coming up is beautiful sight. See your doctor and take care of yourself. Oh yeah I was the other guy. lol
    Today is a great day

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

5-6 years ago I was having what I thought was a severe case of indigestion but it wouldn't go away. So I decided to stop by the doctors office. Nurse checked my BP and went to tell the doctor what it was I guess. Anyway, never did see the doctor but she came back and said maybe I was having a heart attack and should go to the emergency room. So I called my wife and told her to meet me at home to take me. Within 30 min of getting there, they had a catheter in me, did the balloon thing a few times and put in a stent. 6 weeks later I was able to go back to work. YES, I fired that doctor. I never did have any real pain. So I guess what I'm trying to get across is don't wait for your left arm to start hurting which I always thought was associated with it. I asked my new doctor how to tell the difference if it is just indigestion or heart and he said you will sweat a lot when its the heart. And I did when it was happening. Sorry for the long post but if it helps one person, its worth it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

How many times did you guys go to the doctor for a check up?

Did you go every year leading up to your heart attack?

Or did you miss several years?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had been going pretty regular being treated for a bad reflux problem. Blood pressure was always good but never had any stress tests or anything like that up until it happened.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I had a bud that hadn't been to a doctor in over 20 years.

And he even worked for the Feds and had great insurance.

I don't like it but I go every year.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a doctor the month before. And had a full exam.And it did not show up. The night I went to the hospital they told me I was fine. but was going to send me to a heart doctor the next Monday. (That was Friday) so went home and build a few cabinets.
    As soon as the heart doctor looked at my EKG he told us there was something wrong.
    So some doctors know what to look for. And some should not be allowed to see a dog .
    Also acid reflux was what they were treating my mother for and it was her heart.
    Pete
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 08-03-2006 at 07:00 AM.

magman Guest

Sometimes stupid stuff like I pulled last week get you in trouble. Worked outside in the heat all day, about 98 and ended up with severe dehydration. This allowed plaque to lift up from the artery, blood to pool under the plaque and cause a blood clot. I was lucky, had some really good doctors. I can thank my wife for hounding me about going to the hospital! Don't want to sound like a preacher but if something don't feel right get your butt to the hospital!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Magman that is why I have to take plavix for the rest of my life.
    Also most people think you have to have high blood pressure, High cholesterol and stuff to have heart problems.
    Everything is fine for me. Cholesterol is normal blood pressure is fine. But I did smoke. But have not smoked in almost 4 years.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast