Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks minnkota/ johnson outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks minnkota/ johnson outdoors

well after a very heated debate/ argument, the Boss lady decided that we dont need i-pilot*link system on my boat.... lol, since said accessory has been on back order and prepaid since 12/26/12 with no real sign of a delivery date, we / she decided she could use that money on a new double oven set-up and other kitchen items .

so I dont have to sleep on the couch again tonight, my i-pilot*link system order will be cancelled.

I want all to know that this was not a problem with my purchase from BBG, as Brian has jumped through hoops as my salesman with great service and priceing.

I was also told that we would not be putting anymore minnkota/ johnson outdoors items in this household.

so my next locator will be a lowrance

again I want to thank Brian at BBG Marine for the great deal on my terrova 80lb and my new 1198c SI unit

thank you all

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least we know who wears the pants at your house.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should continue to sleep on the couch until she changes her mind and you show her who is the head of that household.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

The couch isn't so bad once you get used to it! Makes it easier to head out fishing without waking anyone up........just make sure to rotate the cushions.

Post Thanks / Like

lol thanks guys for the support, but this is a lady that in the past has cancelled alot of our major purchaces because of bad ........ bussiness practices, my new ford truck in 06 was cancelled because of a delayed delivery date due to a paperwork and then price change, now I drive chevy lol, all of our insurance health home auto and life, was changed because of a rude comment about her shoes one afternoon by our SF Ins man.....

lol they are some butt ugly shoes lol

this lady is a very shrewd bussiness lady and allbeit a pain at times, she manages money very well, I'd be some poor smuck without her keeping some of this stuff straight, not that I cant do it, I ran my own company for 13 yrs with no problems and always had a good profit to expense ratio

no this time I have to agree with her on this, ........ that a company can not do bussiness the way Johnson Outdoors is doing it and keep happy or repeat customers

now on to different challenges in life ....... what kind of new kitchen are we/me going to build .......

anyone need a new roommate ........ have dog boat truck and some cash act fast ............ lol

again thanks guys for your support

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, who promised you a delivery date, MinnKota or BBG?

Post Thanks / Like

shellback it has been advertised for some time that these units would be ready for the public Jan 2013, the only people I have seen with this uint are people with their own fishing show, every place I have checked to buy from says backordered

BBG did not promise me any delivery date as they were told the same, that anything with the i-pilot*link system was on backorder because they, Minnkota didnt expect such a strong demand in this product .......... hence poor bussiness planning ........ that will cost you customers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by short grub View Post
    shellback it has been advertised for some time that these units would be ready for the public Jan 2013, the only people I have seen with this uint are people with their own fishing show, every place I have checked to buy from says backordered

BBG did not promise me any delivery date as they were told the same, that anything with the i-pilot*link system was on backorder because they, Minnkota didnt expect such a strong demand in this product .......... hence poor bussiness planning ........ that will cost you customers
    I don't think any dealers have them as yet. Cabelas has them listed as backorderable. If they aren't sending them to Cabelas, I doubt smaller companies would have them. I think only the pros who have been selected to field test them have them at this time. Myself and a friend have been waiting for a Garmin GPS product. It was identified as waiting for govt approval and to be released in the first quarter of 2013. My friend just informed me the release has been delayed until the second quarter of 2013. Seeing how the Garmin and MinnKota are both GPS products, maybe MinnKota is also held up distributing the product due to govt regulation? I know it doesn't help your situation any, but if the govt is involved, I can't blame a manufacturer. Maybe once the wife gets her new kitchen stuff, she will soften up.

Post Thanks / Like

shellback that could be what is happening, I dont know, there are a few private owners of the system, those who have been lucky enough to find one

but a compny this big should make public statement saying they are having problems or at least tell their customers, they have a few products that were said to be ready for sales to the public that are not on the store shelves

the "boss lady" is all good she has already told me to sell my new 1198 and terrova and buy MG/Low gear lol........

thats why this country is falling behind in world market .......... poor bussiness planning

Post Thanks / Like

If'n I was you, I would NOT be worried or concerned about the "new kitchen" at all. Seems like she has that topic under control, so you should focus on what new Lowrance and MG gear you're gonna get when the kitchen is done. Life is full of trade offs, you're not getting table scraps with new fishing gear.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast